Re: New Perseus software version V21d available for download

  • Martin Elbe
    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 1, 2009
      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Guy Atkins" <dx@...> wrote:

      > Thank you for the quick fix with ver. 2.1D, Nico. Now *that's* good
      service,
      > and on a holiday too!

      First, it was a completely superfluous error: Mind you, we are not
      talking about Shareware, but a paid software version, using a piece of
      hardware as a dongle additionally. Adding a time limit to such
      software is in my opinion a little bit too much of paranoia.

      And mind you, not every Perseus user is aware of this group, and those
      going to the Microtelecom pages will find version 2.1a offered for
      download. That's helping them not at all.

      For those of us with access to the net it's a minor glitch fixed in a
      minute, but those in the middle of nowhere on a DX-pedition surely
      won't find this too amusing.

      73, Martin
    • Hans Remeeus
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 27, 2009
        It works afterall!!

        Pfff...

        With VSPE; Perseus and BobCAT with my Icom IC-7700 are now Synchronized.

        The problem was this:
        In my laptop I have a pretty high resolution display of of 1680x1050. In
        the Configuration of Windows 7 you can set the dimensions of the text in
        100, 125 and 150%. If you set this on 125 of 150% then it may cause
        problems with Perseus and BobCAT.

        Problem solved and happy op!

        73,
        Hans Remeeus (PA1HR)
        http://www.remeeus.eu
        Communication is about people, the rest is technology.

        Hans Remeeus schreef:
        > Today I tried for several hours, but on my laptop configuration Perseus
        > and BobCAT will not properly work with Windows 7 Ultimate. Not with VSPE
        > and not with Com0Com.
        >
        > The screen of BobCAT is mutilated/distorted and the little screen for
        > the Perseus frequency input is not fully been read-out.
        >
        > On my old laptop with Windows XP Professional everything works fine. I
        > will wait untill Windows 7 is not in the beta version anymore and try again.
        >
        > Thanks PE2HD for all the help!

        __________ Informatie van ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versie van database viruskenmerken 4408 (20090908) __________

        Het bericht is gecontroleerd door ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

        http://www.eset.com