Re: A little bit of delay with plans

  • hermancaarls
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
      Hi Nico,

      This wide band FM is really a very nice feature for me. Can you
      briefly explain how the Perseus will be connected to the frontend
      receiver?
      I have an Icom IC9500. A very nice receiver but not for FM-DX, it has
      no variable bandwidth for WFM.

      Thanks,

      Herman.

      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Nico iv3nwv" <nicopal@...> wrote:

      > Dear friends,
      > I'm a little bit on delay with my plans about the new Perseus software
      > version.
      > Please accept my apologies for this.
      > I hope to release it the new version in a week or so.
      >
      > Meanwhile, if you love music and would like to take a pleasant rest,
      > discovering what I've worked to recently, have a look to these movies:
      >
      > (boost your loudspeakers to the maximum volume, please)
      >
      > http://microtelecom.it/movies/africa.avi (45 MByte)
      >
      > http://microtelecom.it/movies/wbfmdem.avi (25 MByte)
      >
      > 73,
      > Nico

    • DF9IC
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
        Hi Herman,

        I would just use a block downconverter e. g. with an LO at 80 MHz,
        coverting 87.5-108 MHz to 7.5-28 MHz.

        73 Henning

        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "hermancaarls" <herman@...> wrote:

        > Hi Nico,
        >
        > This wide band FM is really a very nice feature for me. Can you
        > briefly explain how the Perseus will be connected to the frontend
        > receiver?
      • Udo Deutscher
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
          Hi Henning

          DF9IC schrieb:
          > I would just use a block downconverter e. g. with an LO at 80 MHz,
          > coverting 87.5-108 MHz to 7.5-28 MHz.

          I am very interested in such a block downconverter, but where could I
          find a reliable schematics (without the need to calculate a lot of
          things, because I am not an engineer)?

          I already switched my Perseus to a (self-made) 10.7 MHz output of my
          Yamaha T-85 tuner. This way, it was possible to tune to WFM, but it is
          not nice to need to tune the Yamaha tuner, it would be nicer to tune to
          downconverted WFM band with Perseus (and - to the address of Nico -
          maybe some day, Perseus will get the ability to have wider filters, like
          e.g. 80 kHz?).

          73
          Udo, DL3GN
        • Giampiero
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
            I agree with Udo. After Udo made his test with his Tuner I asked him and I made the same with my Icom R7000 to listen to FM. I know that in Italy, Germany and other countries there are  a lot of DXer waiting for SDR that can manage also FM. I hope in future Nico will think also to them.
            ciao
            Giampiero

            PS: thanks Udo for your help

            Giampiero Bernardini