software

  • malucoelbejuco
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 27, 2007
      Where can I download the lastest version of the software?
    • Mauno Ritola
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 28, 2007
        >Where can I download the lastest version of the software?

        I suppose this is the latest one:
        http://microtelecom.it/perseus/PerseusBeta031.zip

        But how near is the next version?
      • malucoelbejuco
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 30, 2010
          my QSR1 is the best radio out there.

          --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "malucoelbejuco" <malucoelbejuco@...> wrote:

          > Where can I download the lastest version of the software?

        • adibene
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 30, 2010
            --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "malucoelbejuco" <malucoelbejuco@...> wrote:

            > my QSR1 is the best radio out there.

            Marco, why don't you sign the messages with your name ?

            73 Alberto I2PHD
          • Harry D
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 1, 2010
              Mine to but unfortunately I still can't record or have CAT inteface :-(

              73 de PE2HD, Harry

            • dfb62ok@att.net
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 22, 2012
                I have not been able to get the radio to work consistently. I've loaded the Perseus 4.0b software on four different computers. The radio will work initially, but after the PC's are turned off and rebooted, the radio will not work. I haven't been able to get a different version of the Perseus software to try. Oh, and I've loaded the software on two each Windows 7 and two each Windows XP SP3 operating systems.
                Any suggestions?
              • monitor
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 22, 2012
                  Hi,

                  John C. here--I won't profess to know the exact cause of your issue,
                  however, it sounds exactly like a few installation issues I've had over
                  time. Without exception, my issues have been caused by my own actions
                  wherein I skip an install step or select an incorrect choice...this can
                  be really tricky if you're new to the process--I remember going around
                  in circles several times with the usb drivers until someone on this list
                  intervened and set me straight. And yes, once I make some obscure
                  error, I keep making it because I don't realize it's a mistake, so the
                  problem keeps recurring, which makes the problem seem
                  universal....before anything else--check your procedure.

                  I had the impression that my issue was an install error, perhaps of the
                  winusb drivers or dll version......it was as if some software ran on the
                  first startup, but failed to run afterward--no amount of reinstallation
                  helped UNTIL I stopped trying, deleted all the perseus-related files,
                  deep cleaned the registry using ccleaner plus a manual follow-up to
                  remove all reference to "perseus" and/or "microtelecom", uninstalled the
                  winusb driver which was giving intermittent status indication in device
                  manager, and did a cold reboot.

                  Then I came back and did a truly clean installation which worked and has
                  continued to work since.

                  Regrettably, I have no idea what the actual issue was, so my
                  observations end up being yet another blind "try this".

                  I have noticed over the years with several windows versions, that an
                  aborted or otherwise partial installation can foul-up subsequent
                  attempts at installation--it has been explained to me that once a few
                  steps of an installation have happened, there will be related entries in
                  directories and the registry. If you later try to reinstall, the
                  installer checks for, and finds these files, so it skips the actual
                  reinstall which can leave your issue intact and the problem not fixed.
                  This is why I suggest the deep clean and manual follow-up.

                  If you can provide more detailed info like winusb indications in device
                  manager, does winusb show as an installed program in add/remove
                  (microsoft winusb 2.0)?, is perseus being found by your pc--does device
                  manager show "perseus hf receiver (winusb)" ?? Someone may be able to
                  offer a more toghtly focused suggestion.

                  good luck

                  John C.
                  _____________________________________
                  On 6/22/2012 11:41 AM, dfb62ok@... wrote:
                  > I have not been able to get the radio to work consistently. I've loaded the Perseus 4.0b software on four different computers. The radio will work initially, but after the PC's are turned off and rebooted, the radio will not work. I haven't been able to get a different version of the Perseus software to try. Oh, and I've loaded the software on two each Windows 7 and two each Windows XP SP3 operating systems.
                  > Any suggestions?

                  > -----
                  > No virus found in this message.

                  -----
                  No virus found in this message.
                • Thomas Damboldt
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 22, 2012
                    E-Mail Software 6.0 Did you assign and open different ports for each PC? e.g. 8014, 8015, 8016 and 8017

                    "dfb62ok@..." <dfb62ok@...> wrote:

                    I have not been able to get the radio to work consistently. I've loaded the Perseus 4.0b software on four different computers. The radio will work initially, but after the PC's are turned off and rebooted, the radio will not work. I haven't been able to get a different version of the Perseus software to try. Oh, and I've loaded the software on two each Windows 7 and two each Windows XP SP3 operating systems.
                    Any suggestions?

                  • Ron
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 22, 2012
                      Maybe this will not help you but do you use the same USB port with your pereseus. I know it sounds a bit stupid but some of the users have changed USB ports in the past. Most of these problem solutions are simple and my starting point at trouble shooting starts with checking these simple handling faults.

                      Maybe it is already said, but are you using the newest drivers found on the microtelecom website? What happens when using winrad or other third party software?

                      73' Ron

                      > I have not been able to get the radio to work consistently. I've loaded the Perseus 4.0b software on four different computers. The radio will work initially, but after the PC's are turned off and rebooted, the radio will not work. I haven't been able to get a different version of the Perseus software to try. Oh, and I've loaded the software on two each Windows 7 and two each Windows XP SP3 operating systems.
                      > Any suggestions?

                    • Markus Schleutermann
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 23, 2012
                        E-Mail Software 6.0

                        Switch of DHCP at your PC's, give them a fix IP and forward the perseus-ports to the respective adresses or use port triggering on your router.

                        73 de Mark, HB9AZT

                        "dfb62ok@..." <dfb62ok@...> wrote:

                        I have not been able to get the radio to work consistently. I've loaded the Perseus 4.0b software on four different computers. The radio will work initially, but after the PC's are turned off and rebooted, the radio will not work. I haven't been able to get a different version of the Perseus software to try. Oh, and I've loaded the software on two each Windows 7 and two each Windows XP SP3 operating systems.
                        Any suggestions?

                      • bigjohn45m
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 20 6:33 AM
                          have tried to down load. drivers and control software. unzipping 4.0c, i get file errors. i purchased this rx used and i did not get a factory disc. cd supplied has info on windows 7 format. i have spent over 6 hours fighting this software. does any one have a factory cd i can get a copy of ???. i tried I2phd link to googleon older .exe and google says it doesn't exist. 73 john w9dgm
                        • Bill Nollman
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 20 7:32 AM

                            Big John, I just sent you a Dropbox email with a link to 4.0b (my favorite), 4.0c and the WinUSB drivers. All you should need to get it running in 60 seconds or less.

                            1.       Plug in the Perseus to a free USB port.

                            2.       When prompted for a driver browse to the WinUSB folder.

                            3.       Copy the 4.0b or 4.0c directories to your hard drive and run the perseus.exe file.

                            4.       The warning messages about expiring are for optional licenses – UNCHECK the box(es) and you should be up and running.

                            Bill

                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 20 7:55 AM
                              > 2. When prompted for a driver browse to the WinUSB folder.

                              Win7 doesn't prompt for a driver. It automatically start searching on the
                              web and that's where it is going wrong.

                              You have to go to device manager and search for the device with a yellow
                              question mark. Right-click on it and choose update driver. There you can
                              choose to go to the correct folder on your computer.

                              73,

                              Guido.
                            • Alberto I2PHD
                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 20 8:18 AM
                                On 4/20/2013 3:33 PM, bigjohn45m wrote:

                                i tried I2phd link to googleon older .exe and google says it doesn't exist.

                                Just out of curiosity, which link did you try that failed ?
                                Maybe I have to adjust some pointers...

                                --
                                73 Alberto I2PHD