perseusArrows 1.1

  • Salvo Micciche`
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 24, 2008
      hi all,
      using perseusArrows.ahk with AutoHotKey or compiled it's truly amazing, so Aldo Moroni
      and me, with the Author, Larent Haas, made a new improved version (v1.1) and we put in
      the group a zip file with both the script and the compiled version).
      To use it, better to put the file in the Perseus directory (though it in my computer works
      well in any directory), as the script try to activate Perseus if it is not already loaded.

      You can use the script if you have AutoHotKey installed (then activate it with right click of
      mouse) or the compiled version also without AutoHotKey.

      Here there is the help with the new functions added:

      Left arrow => Equ. to the mouseWheel up
      Shift + Left arrow => Equ. to 10 notches of the mouseWheel up
      Right arrow => Equ. to the mouseWheel down
      Shift + Right arrow => Equ. to 10 notches of the mouseWheel down
      Up arrow => Increase span (narrower traces on the waterfall)
      Down arrow => Decrease span (wider traces on the waterfall)
      PageUp => Increase "wheel step"
      PageDown => Decrease "wheel step"
      Enter => Opens the freq dialog for input, then close the keypad (with another Enter)
      1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0 => Open the freq dialog, send this number, add the others and
      close (with Enter)
      a, s, c, r, l, u, f, d, e => Activate modes: am, sam, cw, rtty, lsb, usb, fm, drm, useEr
      v => Toggle "SpkRej" on off
      m => Mute or Activate Volume
      x => Close Perseus (as ALT-F4)

      A part of the arrows, now you can use the numbers to input directly a frequency: try input
      a number, it open the keypad of Perseus, input the other numbers and then Enter: the
      keypad close and Perseus will be tuned to the right frequency you want, as you have a real
      input from the computer "numpad".
      Or you can activare keypad with Enter, then input the numbers, and finally Enter to tune
      and close the keypad.
      With some letters (a, s, c, r, l, u, f, d, e) you can change the mode, i.e. tu put Perseus in
      usb mode you can press "u", to switch in SAM you can press "s" and so on.
      With "v" you can toggle on/off "SpkRej", with "m" you can mute or activate again the
      volume.
      With the arrows (left and right) you can tune the radio stepping as "wheel step" is setted.
      With PageUp and PageDown you can change soon the "wheel step". With shift + arrows left
      or right you can change to ten times the "wheel step".
      With the arrows up and down you can change also the "Span" condition.

      We hope you could appreciate this script, hoping Nico would consider the idea to put
      these keystrokes (or some of this) directly in the main software, someday. :-)

      73
      Salvo Micciché
    • oe1mww
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 25, 2008
        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Salvo Micciche`" <it9-4639@...>
        wrote:
        >... made a new improved version (v1.1) ...

        and I have added another key to switch on/off the Noise Reduction:

        ;Noise Reduction
        n::
        +n::
        Click,,971,405
        return

        73
        Wolfgang, OE1MWW
      • IT9-4639
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 26, 2008

          Il giorno 26/nov/08, alle ore 08:36, oe1mww ha scritto:

          and I have added another key to switch on/off the Noise Reduction:

          thanks Wolfgang.
          Ok, we'll put also this key in the next version.
          There will be also another useful thing:
          + and - to se USB and LSB (as "u" and "l"), but perhaps more confortable

          We could also set "n" to switch on/off Noise Blanker :)

          If someone has other tips, please, let me know, so we'll try to add them to the files, although it has already enough tips, I think.

          73
          Salvo, IT9-4639
        • IT9-4639
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 26, 2008

            and I have added another key to switch on/off the Noise Reduction

            an "interim" release" with Wolfgang's tip (NR), and others (NB, usb e lsb via +/-)

            73 de Salvo

          • oe1mww
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 27, 2008
              --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, IT9-4639 <it9-4639@...> wrote:

              > an "interim" release" ... (file attached)

              Salvo, attached files sent by email are not stored in the Yahoo Group.
              To be used by others, please upload it to files section.

              73

              Wolfgang, OE1MWW
            • IT9-4639
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 27, 2008

                Il giorno 27/nov/08, alle ore 09:51, oe1mww ha scritto:

                Salvo, attached files sent by email are not stored in the Yahoo Group.
                To be used by others, please upload it to files section.

                ok, I just sent on the file area of the Group a 1.1b version :)

                enjoy!

                73 de Salvo
              • Marco IK1ODO -2
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 27, 2008
                  Hi Salvo,

                  what about adding to the ZIP a list of the available command keys?
                  Or posting it to the group? The application seems really useful :-)

                  73 - Marco IK1ODO
                • IT9-4639
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 27, 2008
                    > what about adding to the ZIP a list of the available command keys?
                    > Or posting it to the group? The application seems really useful :-)

                    Hi Marco,
                    the complete explanation is on the message 3371 and the help is on the
                    top of the script (you can see or edit with a text editor). However
                    here there are the commands, with the new added keys:

                    ---
                    Left arrow => Equ. to the mouseWheel up
                    Shift + Left arrow => Equ. to 10 notches of the mouseWheel up
                    Right arrow => Equ. to the mouseWheel down
                    Shift + Right arrow => Equ. to 10 notches of the mouseWheel down
                    Up arrow => Increase span (narrower traces on the waterfall)
                    Down arrow => Decrease span (wider traces on the waterfall)
                    PageUp => Increase "wheel step"
                    PageDown => Decrease "wheel step"
                    Enter => Opens the freq dialog for input, then close the keypad (with
                    another
                    Enter)
                    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0 => Open the freq dialog, send this
                    number, add the
                    others and
                    close (with Enter)
                    a, s, c, r, l, u, f, d, e => Activate modes: am, sam, cw, rtty, lsb,
                    usb, fm, drm, usEr
                    +, - (from numpad) => Activate "usb" or "lsb" (as "u" and "l" but more
                    quickly)
                    v => Toggle "SpkRej" on off
                    n => Noise Reduction on off
                    b => Noise Blanker on off
                    m => Mute or Activate Volume
                    x => Close Perseus (as ALT-F4)
                    ---

                    vy 73 and best dx's with Perseus!

                    ciao, Salvo
                  • Marco IK1ODO -2
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 27, 2008
                      Perseus at your command:

                      http://www.cqdx.it/woodbox/shuttlepro.html

                      Works with Autohotkey, and is easy to configure.

                      73 - Marco IK1ODO / AI4YF
                    • Alan Johnson
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 27, 2008
                        I just wanted to thank the authors for their efforts. Today I had
                        time to download perseusArrows 1.1 and have put a USB numeric keypad
                        and Contour Shuttlepro (purchased for a Flex, but never used) to good
                        use.

                        73,
                        Alan Johnson
                        N4LUS

                        wrote:

> [...]
                        > With some letters (a, s, c, r, l, u, f, d, e) you can change the
                        mode, i.e. tu put Perseus in
                        > usb mode you can press "u", to switch in SAM you can press "s" and
                        so on.
                        > With "v" you can toggle on/off "SpkRej", with "m" you can mute or
                        activate again the
                        > volume.
                        > With the arrows (left and right) you can tune the radio stepping
                        as "wheel step" is setted.
                        > With PageUp and PageDown you can change soon the "wheel step". With
                        shift + arrows left
                        > or right you can change to ten times the "wheel step".
                        > With the arrows up and down you can change also the "Span"
                        condition.

                        > We hope you could appreciate this script, hoping Nico would
                        consider the idea to put
                        > these keystrokes (or some of this) directly in the main software,

                      • Willi Passmann
                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 28, 2008
                          Salvo, your tool makes entering a frequency much easier. However, it
                          does not work when I operate Perseus on my second monitor, although the
                          freqency dialog window remains on its original place.
                          Is there a way to make the freqency dialog work with 'arrows' on a
                          secondary monitor also?
                          All other functions work fine there.

                          vy 73,
                          Willi

                          http://www.radio-portal.org/sdr.html
                          SDR-Special
                        • IT9-4639
                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 28, 2008

                            Il giorno 28/nov/08, alle ore 22:23, Willi Passmann ha scritto:

                            Is there a way to make the freqency dialog work with 'arrows' on a
                            secondary monitor also?
                            All other functions work fine there.

                            Hi Willi,
                            we are investigating, in fact, to find a solution to use the frequency dialog in every position. I hope that this solution could solve also your problem.

                            73
                            Salvo
                          • Willi Passmann
                            Message 13 of 14 , Nov 29, 2008
                              IT9-4639 schrieb:
                              > Hi Willi,
                              > we are investigating, in fact, to find a solution to use the frequency
                              > dialog in every position. I hope that this solution could solve also
                              > your problem.
                              Excellent, Salvo. I have to admit that I did not expect to find your
                              software very useful, as I am accustomed to extensive use of the mouse
                              and rarely switch to the keyboard.

                              But after the first use of perseusArrows I already did not want to enter
                              a frequency the old way!
                              So I look forward to the next version.

                              Message 14 of 14 , Nov 29, 2008

                                Excellent, Salvo. I have to admit that I did not expect to find your
                                software very useful, as I am accustomed to extensive use of the mouse
                                and rarely switch to the keyboard.

                                I think that they are *the same* important both mouse and keyboard!
                                :-)

                                But after the first use of perseusArrows I already did not want to enter
                                a frequency the old way!

                                In fact!
                                As many of us.
                                Now, as Marco said, the script and ShuttelProV2 could change our behaviour with Perseus :-)

                                So I look forward to the next version.

                                Sure there will soon news version, also compatible with ...ShuttleProV2.
                                Aldo, Laurent and me hope to find a solution to the "Frequency" window problem, that's very important, but it isn't so easy at the moment.

                                73
                                Salvo