Strange issue with Perseus / Microkeyer II and 'Pc sound'

  • F1HDI
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 1, 2008
      Hi there,

      I have my desktop vista computer running WSPR with a microkeyer II
      driver controling an IC7000 and its audio paths and perseus running on
      its own remotely 'driven' by HRD.
      This is the second time that after a couple of hours the 'output' sound
      of my computer gets garbled ie all sounds (windows beeps, perseus audio,
      ...) are saturated.
      I didn't found a convenient nor reproduceable way to recover, and am
      wondering if someone on this list has a similar setup ie VISTA /
      microkeyer II (soundcard inside) and perseus.

      73
      Jean-marc F1HDI http://www.f1hdi.org
    • Salvo Micciche`
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 11, 2008
        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Walter Salmaniw <salmaniw@...> wrote:

        > I'm intrigued by CW Skimmer and wonder whether anyone has tried mating Perseus with
        this program? If so, I'd love to see step by step instructions on how to do so.
        Thanks!......Walt.

        Hi Walt,
        now, the new version of Skimmer, 1.3, should control Perseus via CAT (see SoftRockIF, CAT
        label and then choose as RIG Perseus), but I don't know which setting to use for "Audio IF",
        "Sample rate", and then for the RIG configuration (port, baud rate, data bits, parity, stop bits,
        RTS...).
        Anyone has already tried?

        vy 73
        Salvo
      • Highq
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 11, 2008
          Hi Salvo,

          PERSEUS's CAT reply to any brate/address/parity you want.
          Choose what you want in CWskimmer config, and play as:

          - Set CWskimmer input tu VAC1
          - Set CWskimmer to 48Khz sample rate input
          - Set PERSEUS in USER MODE
          - Set Filter to 50Khz (move the filter to 48Khz BW)

          I think it works for you but....
          I prefer the combination PERSEUS/RateMonkey + CwSkimmer

          73 Beppe
          IK3VIG

          At 13.50 11/11/2008, you wrote:

          --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Walter Salmaniw <salmaniw@...> wrote:

          > I'm intrigued by CW Skimmer and wonder whether anyone has tried mating Perseus with
          this program? If so, I'd love to see step by step instructions on how to do so.
          Thanks!......Walt.

          Hi Walt,
          now, the new version of Skimmer, 1.3, should control Perseus via CAT (see SoftRockIF, CAT
          label and then choose as RIG Perseus), but I don't know which setting to use for "Audio IF",
          "Sample rate", and then for the RIG configuration (port, baud rate, data bits, parity, stop bits,
          RTS...).
          Anyone has already tried?

          vy 73
          Salvo

        • Walter Salmaniw
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 11, 2008
            At 04:50 AM 11/11/2008, you wrote:

            >--- In <mailto:perseus_SDR%40yahoogroups.com>perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Walter Salmaniw <salmaniw@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> I'm intrigued by CW Skimmer and wonder whether anyone has tried mating Perseus with
            >this program? If so, I'd love to see step by step instructions on how to do so.
            >Thanks!......Walt.
            >>

            >Hi Walt,
            >now, the new version of Skimmer, 1.3, should control Perseus via CAT (see SoftRockIF, CAT
            >label and then choose as RIG Perseus), but I don't know which setting to use for "Audio IF",
            >"Sample rate", and then for the RIG configuration (port, baud rate, data bits, parity, stop bits,
            >RTS...).
            >Anyone has already tried?
            >
            >vy 73
            >Salvo

            Thanks for that, Salvo! Will need to have a look at that.......Walt.
          • IT9-4639
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 11, 2008

              Il giorno 11/nov/08, alle ore 15:31, Highq ha scritto:

              PERSEUS's CAT reply to any brate/address/ parity you want.
              Choose what you want in CWskimmer config, and play as:

              - Set CWskimmer input tu VAC1
              - Set CWskimmer to 48Khz sample rate input
              - Set PERSEUS in USER MODE
              - Set Filter to 50Khz (move the filter to 48Khz BW)

              I think it works for you but....
              I prefer the combination PERSEUS/RateMonkey + CwSkimmer

              thanks, Beppe,
              doing so it's ok, but we must hear the audio via Skimmer, and those audio it's not so good :-(
              Hoping a better support for Perseus in CW Skimmer!

              73
              Salvo
            • Highq
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 11, 2008
                Salvo,

                If you use Ratemonkey, you can resample any PERSEUS samplerate to
                more confortable 48/96/192Khz to VAC1 for CWSkimmer, setting this one
                as Softrock with fixed frequency

                Of course you have PERSEUS locked to a fixed frequency, but with the magician of
                VAC, you can listen any signal inside the resampled band with third software.

                For example, last weekend, I was able to do this:

                runs Ratemonkey on PERSEUS at 250Ks/s out to VAC1 at 192Khz at 7080Khz
                runs CWSkimmer "readings" the whole 192Khz in VAC1 around 7080Khz +- 96Khz
                runs Winrad listening the SSB/CW  around 7080Khz +-96Khz in VAC1 out audio card
                runs Rocky tuned on 7035 USB in VAC1 2.8Khz filter  out on VAC 2
                runs Mixw for PSK signals in VAC2 coming from Rocky.

                ....3 differents applications on same band: CW - Mixed - PSK with exact frequency displayed

                fantastic !

                73 Beppe
                IK3VIG

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 11, 2008

                  Il giorno 11/nov/08, alle ore 19:32, Highq ha scritto:

                  ....3 differents applications on same band: CW - Mixed - PSK with exact frequency displayed

                  fantastic !

                  sure, truly fantastic!
                  I'll try Ratemonkey soon.

                  thanks

                  salvo
                • guntcd
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 27, 2008
                    -> Bob, N6TV
                    > unquote
                    >Bob,
                    I have a practicaly new Dell XPS 420 computer with Vista operating
                    system and am running the Perseus software with no problem. It is a
                    great system. I am trying to run Virtual Audio Cable with Ratemonkey
                    and CW Skimmer. I can't get Ratemonkey to load properly. It blinks
                    across the screen briefly and then disappears. I think it may have
                    something to do with it not finding JAVA on the computer, even though I
                    have installed JAVA. I've noticed other peoples's posts and they seem
                    to be able to get Ratemonkey to load just fine. Any suggestion would be
                    appreciated.

                    Charles, NR5Y
                  • Bob Wilson
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 28, 2008
                      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "guntcd" <c_gunter@...> wrote:

                      > I can't get Ratemonkey to load properly. It blinks
                      > across the screen briefly and then disappears. I think it may have
                      > something to do with it not finding JAVA on the computer

                      Just install and run RateMonkey from the same directory as the Perseus
                      software, so it can find the Perseus DLL and the .SBS files.

                      See the "Links" area of this forum (side bar at left) for the
                      presentation titled "CW Skimmer with the Perseus".

                      73,
                      Bob, N6TV