The "Saturday Night Version" available for download

  • Nico iv3nwv
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2008
      Here it is:

      http://microtelecom.it/perseus/Perseusv11b.zip

      The playback bug should be finally fixed as well as the bug with the
      squelch (which still appeared on the previous version).

      I've also invoked the Souls of the Wood, drunk a (cold) bat juice and
      reduced the CPU load quite significantly.

      Nico
    • fgvissel
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2008
        thx Nico,
        have a nice vicious vampire weekend!
        Buona sera de Germania

        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Nico iv3nwv" <nicopal@...> wrote:

        > Here it is:
        >
        > http://microtelecom.it/perseus/Perseusv11b.zip
        >
        > The playback bug should be finally fixed as well as the bug with the
        > squelch (which still appeared on the previous version).
        >
        > I've also invoked the Souls of the Wood, drunk a (cold) bat juice and
        > reduced the CPU load quite significantly.
        >
        > Nico

      • Lasse
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2008
          Nico
          thanks for the update 1.1.B...
          noticed that I still can get the CPU-load to rush up to 40-50% when
          squelched in AM... but not always! Normal CPU-load down from 6 to 5% :-)

          When your back from vaccation I would love an update on HFspan.... did
          report an odd displaybug earlier this summer.
          A refinement of this s/w would mean it would excel as a spectrum
          analyzer on my workbench!

          And why not have the drivers for Perseus as a d/l, a bit frustrating
          when I want to demonstrate the radio using someone elses computer, I
          must have the drivers handy despite the software is available on the web :(

          Cheers
          Lasse
          Nico iv3nwv skrev:
          > Here it is:
          >
          > http://microtelecom.it/perseus/Perseusv11b.zip
          >
          > The playback bug should be finally fixed as well as the bug with the
          > squelch (which still appeared on the previous version).
          >
          > I've also invoked the Souls of the Wood, drunk a (cold) bat juice and
          > reduced the CPU load quite significantly.
          >
          > Nico

        • Nico iv3nwv
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2008
            > thanks for the update 1.1.B...
            > noticed that I still can get the CPU-load to rush up to 40-50% when
            > squelched in AM...

            Yes, Lasse, I've noted it too.
            The bug is the AM high-pass filter which has been realized with a
            recursive IIR filter and runs crazy when it find its input squelched.
            I'll try to fix it definitely during my vacations, maybe working also
            to the other issues.

            Nico
          • Jack Weber
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 2, 2008
              Thanks very much Nico. It's now working perfectly on playback. Excellent!

              Jack Weber

              The playback bug should be finally fixed as well as the bug with the
              squelch (which still appeared on the previous version).

              I've also invoked the Souls of the Wood, drunk a (cold) bat juice and
              reduced the CPU load quite significantly.

              Nico

              Not happy with your email address?
              Get the one youreally want - millions of new email addresses available now at Yahoo!
            • dxnature
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 2, 2008
                Thanks very much Nico!

                Enjoy your vacation, you have sertenly more than earned the off-time.

                73
                Ron - on3ron