'bandplan.exe' to set the frequency of Perseus into ham bands

  • oe1mww
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 6, 2008
      Hi all,

      Perseus does not have frquency memories, like other radios do.

      I wrote a simple button row to control the frequency of Perseus
      for the HF Amateur Radio bands. 20m (or 14MHz) is currently the
      most active band therefore you will find 3 buttons for this band.

      It is a 'stay on top' application that fits into the (most of the
      time empty) MEM window of Perseus. Drag ist with the mouse to the
      location you like it to be. Click on a button und Perseus will
      change frequency and mode according to the ham band.

      73
      Wolfgang, OE1MWW
      july 2008

      To run 'bandplan.exe you need:

      1.) install the com port emulator from
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/com0com/

      change CNCA0 PortName=COM10
      change CNCB0 PortName=COM11

      as Nico has described it in the Release Note for ver 1.0

      2.) download http://www.autocutresearch.com/k4hw/CIV756P.EXE
      and install it. Don't mind, you will see only a help file.
      A OCX file is installed in your \system32\ directory. This OCX
      is used to control the frequency, modes etc. of Perseus.

      3.) you need the VB6 runtime. If not installed on your PC
      look for 'VBrun60.exe' in GOOGLE. You will find many links.
    • Nelu
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 7, 2008
        BUT WHERE IS 'bandplan.exe' ????

        73 cORNELIU

        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "oe1mww" <meister@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Perseus does not have frquency memories, like other radios do.
        >
        > I wrote a simple button row to control the frequency of Perseus
        > for the HF Amateur Radio bands. 20m (or 14MHz) is currently the
        > most active band therefore you will find 3 buttons for this band.
        >
        > It is a 'stay on top' application that fits into the (most of the
        > time empty) MEM window of Perseus. Drag ist with the mouse to the
        > location you like it to be. Click on a button und Perseus will
        > change frequency and mode according to the ham band.
        >
        > 73
        > Wolfgang, OE1MWW
        > july 2008
        >
        > To run 'bandplan.exe you need:
        >
        > 1.) install the com port emulator from
        > http://sourceforge.net/projects/com0com/
        >
        > change CNCA0 PortName=COM10
        > change CNCB0 PortName=COM11
        >
        > as Nico has described it in the Release Note for ver 1.0
        >
        > 2.) download http://www.autocutresearch.com/k4hw/CIV756P.EXE
        > and install it. Don't mind, you will see only a help file.
        > A OCX file is installed in your \system32\ directory. This OCX
        > is used to control the frequency, modes etc. of Perseus.
        >
        > 3.) you need the VB6 runtime. If not installed on your PC
        > look for 'VBrun60.exe' in GOOGLE. You will find many links.

      • is_unavailable_unavailable
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 7, 2008
          It's in the 'Files' directory of this forum and it's called
          'bandplan.zip'.

          73,

          Eric
          GW4GSG

          --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Nelu" <conmar@...> wrote:

          > BUT WHERE IS 'bandplan.exe' ????
          >
          > 73 cORNELIU
          >
          > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "oe1mww" <meister@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi all,
          > >
          > > Perseus does not have frquency memories, like other radios do.
          > >
          > > I wrote a simple button row to control the frequency of Perseus
          > > for the HF Amateur Radio bands. 20m (or 14MHz) is currently the
          > > most active band therefore you will find 3 buttons for this band.
          > >
          > > It is a 'stay on top' application that fits into the (most of the
          > > time empty) MEM window of Perseus. Drag ist with the mouse to the
          > > location you like it to be. Click on a button und Perseus will
          > > change frequency and mode according to the ham band.
          > >
          > > 73
          > > Wolfgang, OE1MWW
          > > july 2008
          > >
          > > To run 'bandplan.exe you need:
          > >
          > > 1.) install the com port emulator from
          > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/com0com/
          > >
          > > change CNCA0 PortName=COM10
          > > change CNCB0 PortName=COM11
          > >
          > > as Nico has described it in the Release Note for ver 1.0
          > >
          > > 2.) download http://www.autocutresearch.com/k4hw/CIV756P.EXE
          > > and install it. Don't mind, you will see only a help file.
          > > A OCX file is installed in your \system32\ directory. This OCX
          > > is used to control the frequency, modes etc. of Perseus.
          > >
          > > 3.) you need the VB6 runtime. If not installed on your PC
          > > look for 'VBrun60.exe' in GOOGLE. You will find many links.

        • Maurits Van Driessche
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 7, 2008
            Wolfgang ,is this only for the 20mb

            Gr.   Maurits

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 7, 2008
              --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Maurits Van Driessche"
              <mauritsvandriessche@...> wrote:

              > Wolfgang ,is this only for the 20mb

              please download again, I uploaded the wring ZIP

              you can stora ANY frequency

              73
              Wolfgang, OE1MWW
            • oe1mww
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 7, 2008
                --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Maurits Van Driessche"
                <mauritsvandriessche@...> wrote:

                > Wolfgang ,is this only for the 20mb

                Maurits,
                this is for amateur radio bands. Try it and look at the buttons.
                This is not a big deal to install.

                73
                Wolfgang, OE1MWW
              • Maurits Van Driessche
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 7, 2008
                  Oké ,thanks

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 7, 2008
                    Wolfgang,itts work .But Im only listening to broadcasting stations.Im using the hambands only for the propagations.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 7, 2008
                      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Maurits Van Driessche"
                      <mauritsvandriessche@...> wrote:

                      > ... But Im only listening to broadcasting stations.

                      Maurits

                      in this case, download my FrequencyMemoryBank.zip you will find in
                      the files section. This one can be set for 12 frequencies you like.
                      Broadcast, ham radio or whatever you like.

                      73
                      Wolfgang, OE1MWW
                    • Maurits Van Driessche
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 7, 2008
                        Thanks Wolfgang ,I try later !!

                        Maurits

                        > ... But Im only listening to broadcasting stations.

                        Maurits

                        in this case, download my FrequencyMemoryBank .zip you will find in
                        the files section. This one can be set for 12 frequencies you like.
                        Broadcast, ham radio or whatever you like.

                        73
                        Wolfgang, OE1MWW

                      • Marco IK1ODO
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 7, 2008
                          Wolfgang,

                          nice program, and it works immediately. Thanks!

                          As you may expect, as soon as you write a program (and even before
                          that), somebody will start with a want list :-D

                          So... here I am:
                          - more memories, if possible in banks
                          - a memory scan function

                          73 - Marco IK1ODO / AI4YF
                        • oe1mww
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 8, 2008
                            --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Marco IK1ODO <ik1odo@...> wrote:

                            > - more memories, if possible in banks

                            will see, could be done.

                            > - a memory scan function

                            one or more banks, this would end in several dozen buttons.
                            a scan requires a 'selection' of buttons. otherwise all frequencies
                            would be scanned and this would make no sense. I have to think
                            about a way to select specific buttons. not quite sure if this
                            could be done. stay tuned!

                            73
                            Wolfgang, OE1MWW
                          • Marco IK1ODO -2
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 8, 2008
                              At 18.45 08/07/2008, you wrote:

                              --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Marco IK1ODO <ik1odo@...> wrote:

                              > - more memories, if possible in banks

                              will see, could be done.

                              > - a memory scan function

                              one or more banks, this would end in several dozen buttons.
                              a scan requires a 'selection' of buttons. otherwise all frequencies
                              would be scanned and this would make no sense. I have to think
                              about a way to select specific buttons. not quite sure if this
                              could be done. stay tuned!

                              73
                              Wolfgang, OE1MWW

                              Wolfgang,

                              in many receivers (Racal 1792 is the first I have on my mind) you have a "scan" flag associated to the channel. Let say a small pushbutton on each channel; you select it, and it will be on the scan list. You may add or remove channels in real time.

                              Then you need a programmable scan time (let say 1 to 50sec, in 1-2-5-10 sec increments?). Scan stop will be manual,  unless you may retrieve a "squelch open" signal from the RX.

                              Just a proposal, of course.

                              73 - Marco IK1ODO
                            • Nelu
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 11, 2008
                                Your program is vy useful. Pls add one more bank of memories.