Perseus on 50 Mhz. Help

  • jeanclaudebuffet
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 9 11:44 PM

      Hi Dear all.

      Thanks for telling me how and with what I can turn my Perseus on 50Mhz.

      73

      F6EJU

    • Willi Passmann
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 10 1:16 AM
        Hi F6EJU,

        you'll need a converter.
        http://www.dientronik.de/products.en.html

        I added the new category "SDR" to my search engine recently:
        www.radio-portal.org
        The second search option on the main page, "Category Search", allows to look for radio related pages without having to know the name of a certain product.
        For example, the category "SDR" may be combined with a second one, like Accessories, Receivers, Transceivers, Reviews, FAQs, Manuals and so on.
        The database consists of radio related web pages only. All web pages were checked manually.
        Suggestions for further URLs are always welcome!

        vy 73,
        Willi, DJ6JZ

        http://www.radio-portal.org/sdr.html
        SDR-Special
        http://www.mediafire.com/?2lve8wq6y1ou2
        Perseus Databases - Third Party Software Guides & more

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 10 2:46 AM
          Thanks Willy for having replied and helped me in my choice of the converter.

          I still have a question:

          How to get the perseus software having the 50 Mhz frequency display ?

          Do I need to buy the licence for the micro telecom software edicated tothe use of a converter ?

          I have seen on the web  picture showing the sofware made by Micro telecom having 50Mhz on its display
          73
          jean claude   F6eju
        • Willi Passmann
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 10 4:17 AM
            Hi Jean Claude,

            the "optional converter license" from Microtelecom is not necessary for converter use in general, if you can live with a frequency display in the usual 28 MHz range.
            Of course it is more convenient to have displayed the real frequency - that's what the optional converter license is for.

            Am 10.08.2014 11:46, schrieb f6eju@... [perseus_SDR]:
            Thanks Willy for having replied and helped me in my choice of the converter.

            I still have a question:

            How to get the perseus software having the 50 Mhz frequency display ?

            Do I need to buy the licence for the micro telecom software edicated tothe use of a converter ?

            I have seen on the web  picture showing the sofware made by Micro telecom having 50Mhz on its display
            73
            jean claude   F6eju

          • f6eju
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 10 7:56 AM
              Again Thanks Willi.

              You know some time a little bit of help makes the stuff easier to understand.

              With the years and the aging I am less patient ...HI HI HI

              So I am gona buy the licence and also the converter you told me.

              Do you know the group I have created on yahoo:

              That is not an SDR  HI HI HI   :)  Best 73   F6EJU  jean claude

              Paraset replicas group "Les amis du Paraset"

            • barry williams

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 11 1:30 AM
                  Barry,

                  a converter is simply a device that is inserted in the path between antenna and receiver. It receives a certain frequency range that is outside of the receiver's frequency range and converts it into the range the receiver has. The usual range used for this purpose starts at 28 MHz (but it may be any other frequency; the Perses, for example, uses the full Perseus frequency range, and converts 40-80 MHz to 0-40 MHz).

                  This means that no action is needed to make a converter work with a receiver. The receiver does not know whether a signal is really on 28 MHz or if it was converted from another frequency range.
                  So, a converter for the 2m band may convert 144 MHz to 28 MHz, 145 MHz would correspond to 29 MHz, and so on.

                  To take this example, if you want to get 144 MHz shown in the frequency display of a receiver instead of 28 MHz, you need to tell the receiver the according offset. In case of the Perseus software, the mentioned optional converter license offers this feature.

                  If you use a different software like Studio 1, you will have to check whether this software has such a feature - if that's the case, it will work independently from the Microtelecom converter license.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 11 2:45 AM
                    Thanks for the information on your Yahoo group, Jean Claude.
                    It was added to the database; the entry is associated to the categories
                    History, Transceivers and Transmitters, Mailinglists, Vintage and Antique Electronic.

                    It can also be found by the search phrase Paraset or your call sign.

                    vy 73,
                    Willi, DJ6JZ

                    http://www.radio-portal.org/index.html
                    The Radio Search Engine