Perseus power question

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 26, 2014
      I see that the sdr has a voltage regulator on board. Does the sdr use a combination of 5v / 3.3v for power or is it completly 3.3v powered? I'm curious of the max and min acceptible voltage for the sdr. I have just used my 5v usb battery based phone charger with sucess but I'd feel more comfortable knowing and monitoring the voltage going to the sdr to make sure it is within acceptible parameters. So the question is: 5v +/- what? Thanks.

      Sent from Samsung tablet
    • Sylvain Naud
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 26, 2014

        Le 2014-07-26 17:01, Rick n3ikq@... [perseus_SDR] a écrit :

        I see that the sdr has a voltage regulator on board. Does the sdr use a combination of 5v / 3.3v for power or is it completly 3.3v powered? I'm curious of the max and min acceptible voltage for the sdr. I have just used my 5v usb battery based phone charger with sucess but I'd feel more comfortable knowing and monitoring the voltage going to the sdr to make sure it is within acceptible parameters. So the question is: 5v +/- what? Thanks.

        I think I've red 5.6V as for maximum in a couple of posts published on this list.

        Sylvain Naud
        Portneuf, QC
        CAN
      • Karel Honzík
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 26, 2014
          I think it is 4.75 – 5.25V for Perseus (?) Mentioned also in this mailist.

          Karel

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 26, 2014

            Hello Sylvain

            Microtelecom Perseus specification at page 24:

            So the power supply voltage must be in the range:  + 4.75...... 5.25 Volt

            73, Hubert

          • Lasse Moell
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 28, 2014
              I was more or less forced to change provider and now having a hard time to get my client to work...
              Not sure if my server works either, it do shows up on map but seems unable to get the UDP stream to run. Now it seems my new provider are going over to IPv6, and not sure if my problems are related to this??

              Maybe it is my router (D-Link 615) that is not up to the new protocol?

              Remember there were some utilities to see if port was open, if I use any of the web-based test sites I see my 8014-8019 beeing closed, but guess I need an application to answer the requests, hence looking for the program to run on computer.

              Any help would be appreciated.

              And yes running local network will allow UDP stream and I have tried to disable all "protection" i.e. firewalls.

              Sorry if I have been hitting some servers repeatedly but it is hard to try get this running. Arrgh!

              /Lasse SM5GLC
            • Guido Schotmans
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 28, 2014
                Hi Lasse,

                Im using PFPortchecker.

                73,

                Guido.

[...]

                Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
                Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
                Versie: 2014.0.4716 / Virusdatabase: 3986/7932 - datum van uitgifte: 07/27/14

              • pu3hag.l@gmail.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 28, 2014
                  Hi Lasse, Guido --

                  you might also try this:

                  if you google for "how to open ports using upnp howtogeek" you'll find an article teaching how to redirect the ports in a somewhat easy way.

                  Basically, you'll configure your router like this: "dear router, whenever you see traffic UDP port 8014-8019, please, immediately forward it to my PC at IP x.y.z.w".

                  The UPNP is a protocol that allows one to do this kind of configuration without having to fiddle with the router internals...

                  :)

                  -- pu3hag huelbe

                  On Jul 28, 2014, at 2:06 PM, "'Guido Schotmans' guidoschotmans@... [perseus_SDR]" <perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  Hi Lasse,

                  Im using PFPortchecker.

                  73,

                  Guido.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 28, 2014
                    Bad news!
                    Somehow I did suspect IPv6 to cause problems...
                    So far it seems I do show one IP to the world (176.10.249.229), but my
                    router gets a shared address in a Service Provider network, and I bet
                    this is all due to translation to new standards.

                    Using the suggested tools I am not able to see any open port that I can
                    use for Perseus.

                    Earlier today I did try to contact the tech support and asked about
                    blocked ports. I'll wait and see what they reply, or try a phone call.
                    Last resort may be to change internet provider, the old one did annouce
                    a price rise of 25% for all old customers but still showed the old price
                    for new custormers:

                    Will be interesting to see what will come out of this:
                    /Lasse SM5GLC

                  • pu3hag.l@gmail.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 28, 2014
                      Lasse,

                      one alternative would be hire a VPN provider for you. You can then have one IP for you, with whatever ports open. You can even select which country the VPN will exchange traffic with the Internet (useful to circumvent any boring per country blocking).

                      --hg

                      -- pu3hag huelbe

                      On Jul 28, 2014, at 7:55 PM, "Lasse Moell lasse.moell@... [perseus_SDR]" <perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                      Bad news!
                      Somehow I did suspect IPv6 to cause problems...
                      So far it seems I do show one IP to the world (176.10.249.229), but my
                      router gets a shared address in a Service Provider network, and I bet
                      this is all due to translation to new standards.

                      Using the suggested tools I am not able to see any open port that I can
                      use for Perseus.

                      Earlier today I did try to contact the tech support and asked about
                      blocked ports. I'll wait and see what they reply, or try a phone call.
                      Last resort may be to change internet provider, the old one did annouce
                      a price rise of 25% for all old customers but still showed the old price
                      for new custormers:

                      Will be interesting to see what will come out of this:
                      /Lasse SM5GLC

                      Wolfgang Bueschel skrev 2014-07-28 21:00:
                      > take sniffer Software - not permanent - but for Perseus Port test only
                      >
                      > Cports.exe
                      > of http://www.nirsoft.net/
                      >
                      > current ports
                      > http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html
                      >
                      > or sniffer
                      > http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/smsniff.html
                      >

                      > capture data, addresses, protocoll, Type,
                      >
                      >> SmartSniff is a network monitoring utility that allows you to capture
                      >> TCP/IP packets that pass through your network adapter, and view the
                      >> captured data as sequence of conversations between clients and servers.
                      >> You can view the TCP/IP conversations in Ascii mode (for text-based
                      >> protocols, like HTTP, SMTP, POP3 and FTP.) or as hex dump. (for non-text
                      >> base protocols, like DNS)
                      >

                      > 73 wolfy df5sx

                    • Lasse Moell
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 28, 2014
                        Huelbe,
                        thanks for the help!
                        The router is/was configured properly and the s/w firewall all set up.
                        Perseus client was running smooth on all my computers in the house, but
                        I had to change internet provider, and suddenly nothing works.

                        So it seems my provider is doing some odd routing/blocking. I will
                        contact support asap and try to get this problem sorted out.

                        Cheers
                        Lasse SM5GLC

                        'pu3hag.l@...' pu3hag.l@... [perseus_SDR] skrev 2014-07-29
                        00:42:

                      • Lasse Moell
                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 3, 2014
                          Good news!
                          Got response from service centre and they changed my settings to public IP, and voila all back to "normal"!
                          So sorry if a few servers were hit by me trying to get the UDP-stream running, seems some even did black list me :(

                          Oh well good to see it is working now!

                          /Lasse SM5GLC

                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 4, 2014
                            > seems some even did black list me :(

                            Have you tried those servers more than once ? It happens often that you get
                            this message the first try but when trying again you're going through. Must
                            be some kind of response delay issue in the software.

                            73,

                            Guido.

                            -----
                            Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
                            Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
                            Versie: 2014.0.4716 / Virusdatabase: 3986/7974 - datum van uitgifte: 08/03/14
                          • Lasse Moell
                            Message 13 of 13 , Aug 4, 2014
                              Tried it late last night,,, will try once more when it comes back on-line :)
                              Guess he suffer from thunderstorm right now, been pretty bad lately.

                              I really have to get my active loop in order to have an antenna for my Perseus, should be able to put a server going too as soon as the weahter improves.

                              /Lasse SM5GLC