Perseus dead...

  • fm5gb
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 22, 2014
      No more signal is getting into the receiver. I suppose the front end has been blown by a nearby transmitter (it is my fault : I was adjusting my new Anan-200(D) transceiver and forgot to disconnect the receiving antenna on my Perseus)

      What is the best way to get the piece serviced ? I live in the Caribbean and I don't know where to send it for repair.

      Thank you mutch.

      FM5GB

      Phil.

    • Larry Ewan
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 22, 2014
        Contact Cesare for directions.

        --
        Larry N9JY

        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 22, 2014
          Phil:
          All repairs are done by Microtelecom in Italy.
          Don't forget to enclose a fault description, your email and your postal address.

          vy 73,
          Willi, DJ6JZ

          http://www.radio-portal.org/sdr.html
          SDR-Special
          http://www.mediafire.com/?2lve8wq6y1ou2
          Perseus Databases - Third Party Software Guides & more

          Am 22.07.2014 14:12, schrieb fm5gb@... [perseus_SDR]:
          No more signal is getting into the receiver. I suppose the front end has been blown by a nearby transmitter (it is my fault : I was adjusting my new Anan-200(D) transceiver and forgot to disconnect the receiving antenna on my Perseus)

          What is the best way to get the piece serviced ? I live in the Caribbean and I don't know where to send it for repair.

          Thank you mutch.

          FM5GB

          Phil.

        • Tore Vik
          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 22, 2014

            Try - Cesare Buzzi [cbuzzi@...] -  he did repair in june 2012. Repaired the blown front end in a few days.

            ToreB

            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 23, 2014
              Thank you much, all of you !

               I will contact Cesare at Microtelecom.

              Best regards.
            • cbuzzi1
              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 24, 2014
                Hi Phil

                Please write to my private mail for your Perseus problem.

                Vous pouvez écrire à mon email privé pour votre problème.

                cbuzzi@...
              • cbuzzi1
                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 24, 2014
                  Hi Phil

                  Please write to my private mail for your Perseus problem.

                  Vous pouvez écrire à mon email privé pour votre problème.

                  cbuzzi microtelecom.it

                  Caio  Cesare
                • barry williams
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 24, 2014
                    Hi,

                    I've had my Perseus for several months now and it is a fantastic
                    receiver. I have nothing but good things to say about it. Now, I am
                    thinking of trying FM radio dx as I live about 60 miles from Atlanta and
                    a ton of big FM radio stations. Of course, the FM+ would look nice with
                    my Perseus.

                    While the FM+ has great specs and the reviews are good, I am very
                    worried about the licensing system by Microtelecom. Maybe I am reading
                    old information and they have updated procedures. Would I be restricted
                    to the two licenses from Microtelecom if I spent that much money on the
                    FM+? I see many problems if this licensing is still being used. First, I
                    may buy a preowned FM+. Second, if the license is mostly to protect the
                    software, I will probably use different software so licensing would not
                    be a problem for me. Next, my computer is getting pretty old. What if my
                    harddrive would crash, or I have to replace the whole computer system?
                    It seems I would be buying a radio hardware item and it could quickly
                    become an expensive door stop.

                    I am hoping for news the process has changed.

                    Thanks for reading this. I certainly do not mean to say anything
                    negative about Microtelecom or the Perseus. Many thanks for a great
                    product!!!!!!

                    Barry Williams
                    Auburn, Alabama
                  • Don
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 24, 2014
                      Hi Barry,

                      Can't tell you about the Perseus licensing but please back up your
                      files! I have several PC's and LT's here. You must back up all
                      irreplaceable logs, notes, software and programs when you make a change.
                      Anal but eliminates that aw-sxxx! You can use an internal 2nd HD,
                      external HD, big USB memory stick(s). For instance you can buy 1Tb HD's
                      for well less than $100.

                      I have a network here that makes copying daily logs, etc. easy but other
                      stuff must be manually transported and uploaded to each computer. An
                      extra drudgery/hassle but well worth it when a stupid mistake or
                      disaster happens like a HD crash.

                      Don KPC6NDB
                      Upland, CA
                      34.10 -117.63 1250ft
                      DX-1000 FRG-100B FUNcube Dongle Pro+
                      ICF2010 Perseusx2 R70 R71A w/250Hz
                      R75x2 w/250Hz SDR-IQ SPR-4 SSR-1
                      SR-AF & LPF DSP599zx MFJ-784B
                      HD-1418 AF-1 MSB-1
                      PA0RDT Mini-Whipx2 @ 25ft
                      RYO Active Antenna @ 25ft
                      ALA100Lx2 Z1501F @20ft w/9ft Whip
                      Solarcon A-99

                      On 24-Jul-14 07:55, barry williams ba.williams@... [perseus_SDR]
                      wrote:
                      > Hi,
                      >
                      > I've had my Perseus for several months now and it is a fantastic
                      > receiver. I have nothing but good things to say about it. Now, I am
                      > thinking of trying FM radio dx as I live about 60 miles from Atlanta and
                      > a ton of big FM radio stations. Of course, the FM+ would look nice with
                      > my Perseus.
                      >
                      > While the FM+ has great specs and the reviews are good, I am very
                      > worried about the licensing system by Microtelecom. Maybe I am reading
                      > old information and they have updated procedures. Would I be restricted
                      > to the two licenses from Microtelecom if I spent that much money on the
                      > FM+? I see many problems if this licensing is still being used. First, I
                      > may buy a preowned FM+. Second, if the license is mostly to protect the
                      > software, I will probably use different software so licensing would not
                      > be a problem for me. Next, my computer is getting pretty old. What if my
                      > harddrive would crash, or I have to replace the whole computer system?
                      > It seems I would be buying a radio hardware item and it could quickly
                      > become an expensive door stop.
                      >
                      > I am hoping for news the process has changed.
                      >
                      > Thanks for reading this. I certainly do not mean to say anything
                      > negative about Microtelecom or the Perseus. Many thanks for a great
                      > product!!!!!!
                      >

                      > Barry Williams
                      > Auburn, Alabama
                      >

                      > ------------------------------------
                      > Posted by: barry williams <ba.williams@...>
                      > ------------------------------------
                      >

                      > ------------------------------------
                      >
                      > Yahoo Groups Links

                    • cbuzzi1
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jul 24, 2014
                        Hi Barry

                        Do not worry
                        if you need additional licenses for your FM + I'll make it without any problems.

                        If you need help write to my private email.

                        cbuzzi(AT)microtelecom.it

                        Cesare
                      • Ba.Williams
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jul 24, 2014
                          Cesare,

                          Thanks for the offer and email address. I really like my Perseus and never would have thought I would move from tube gear. Now I see why people DX FM radio!

                          Barry Williams
                          Auburn, Alabama

                          Message 12 of 21 , Jul 25, 2014
                            Sorry,

                            I could'nt find any email adress to write at Microtelecom Italy in order to establish a contact.

                            I searched but did'nt find...

                            Phil, FM5GB
                          • Wolfgang Bueschel_DF5SX
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jul 25, 2014
                              see Perseus repair address at microtelecom.it

                              73 wolfy df5sx

                              > For any problems to repair Perseus , please write to my private mail:
                              >
                              > cbuzzi@...
                              >
                              > Cesare IV3MUR

                              > I could'nt find any email adress to write at Microtelecom Italy in order
                              > to establish a contact.
                              >
                              > I searched but did'nt find...
                              >
                              > Phil, FM5GB
                            • Tore Vik
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jul 25, 2014

                                cbuzzi@...

                                Message 15 of 21 , Jul 25, 2014
                                  Hi Phil

                                  I write yesterday on this group my private mail.

                                  My mail is:  cbuzzi(AT)microtelecom.it

                                  Cesare IV3MUR
                                • cbuzzi1
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jul 25, 2014
                                    Hi Phil

                                    I wrote yesterday on this group my private mail.

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jul 25, 2014
                                      Don,

                                      I think it's time to go ahead and buy an external big drive. I may even
                                      have a case to use with a built in power supply. My logs are still on
                                      paper pads, but everything else is stored on HDs. A second internal
                                      drive is out as I'm running all of my SDR on an iMac and Bootcamp. It
                                      runs without a problem, so I never bought another computer. An external
                                      drive would allow me to put a backup Mac OS and a Windows partition on
                                      it and use it for my other computer my wife uses, so it's a win-win
                                      idea. I just need to find that case that is packed up from moving a few
                                      years ago.

                                      Barry

                                    • fm5gb
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jul 25, 2014
                                        Sorry Cesare,

                                        I get an error message when I try to send you a mail : "adress is not recognized, please correct".

                                        My email is : maier.philippe@...
                                      • Lasse Moell

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Jul 25, 2014
                                            I apologize !

                                            There probably some quote (") wich disturbed gmail.

                                            All Ok now .

                                            73's

                                            Phil
                                          • fm5gb
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Jul 25, 2014
                                              Yes I did... but there was a quote (") in the adress (dunno where from)
                                              Suppressed  it  and the adress worked,

                                              Tnx

                                              regards