ExtIO_Perseus.dll and W7 64

  • mapadin
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 6, 2014
      Hello everyone.
      I just bought a new computer with W7 64 and I get not operate the Perseus with programs that use ExtIO_perseus.dll (Studio 1 HDSDR ...).
      When starting asking me the dll and sometimes these programs detect perseus and sometimes not, but do not work.
      The Perseus if it works with the original software.

      Any idea? Thank you.

      Manuel EA1EXV

    • th444de
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 6, 2014
        Hi Manual,
        I never had success in running a Perseus ExtIO on my Windows 7-64 and Windows 8.1-64 computers.

        Using HDSDR and original SDR# by Yousseff: PC crashes when starting the SDR apps

        Using the SDRSharp for Perseus version downloaded here from the forum:
        Using the provided
        ExtIO in the package: No spectrum, no waterfall, no audio!
        Using the
        ExtIO from the Microtelecom site: SDRSharp for Perseus crashes (like HDSDR and standard SDR# do)
        Of course all the files needed are present in the directories. I am not stupid!

        So I have always wondered how the "other" guys here could have success. This
        ExtIO thing is a delicate subject. I have many ExtIOs (e. g. for RTL dongles and so on) which crash my computers, while e. g. the ExtIO for a Funcube Pro+ works perfectly on both computers.

        The original Perseus soft of course is giving me no troubles on both PCs (except for that nasty sporadic jumping to net Net position, for which I could not find a solution so far).

        Henry
      • Bill Nollman
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 6, 2014

          Where do you have the Studio1 and Ext_IO files installed? Try a directory like C:\temp or a directory you are 100% sure you have full permissions on. Windows 7 can be very weird where you think you have permissions but for odd reasons do not.

          Bill

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 6, 2014
            I have permission to access the directories used.
            But maybe it helps with Studio 1 and Manuel's problem (sorry for misspelling the name in my first answer). I do not own Studio 1.
            Henry
          • mapadin
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 6, 2014
              I think I have the right permissions assigned folders.
              Indeed I have in the same folder the ExtIO_rtl2832.dll
              and this dll if it works with the rtl2832 usb receiver.

              73s. Manuel
            • badplayer64
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 6, 2014
                Hello Manuel, there is a compatibility issue with USB 3.0 and the current Perseus Extio.

                While waiting for a Perseus Extio update you can try this workaround:

                - Reboot your PC and enter the BIOS settings (UEFI).
                - Find a setting like “XHCI pre-boot mode” and change it from “Auto” to “Disabled”
                (the goal here is to disable USB 3.0).

                - Save settings and exit BIOS setup .
                - Run Studio 1 and check for proper operation with Perseus.

                73 Sandro
              • mapadin
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 6, 2014
                  Ok Sandro
                  changed in the bios to disable mode xHCI
                  Perseus is already running.

                  Thank you very much everyone for your help.
                  73s.
                  Manuel EA1EXV