SDR-Radio & Perseus FM+

  • Marc Vissers
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 14, 2014
      Hi there,

      I recently purchased the Perseus FM+ converter but I can't get it to work in
      SDR Console. Can anyone point me out how to do this step by step ?
      I'm running a Windows 7 Pro 32-bits based desktop.
      Thanks very much in advance.

      Marc
      Belgium
    • Simon Brown
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 14, 2014

        Marc,

        I’m the author of the software but have no idea about the converter. If it really is just a down converter then you use the Converter option when selecting your Perseus at Startup, if the Converter has its own USB port and control logic then I’m afraid it will not work.

        Simon Brown G4ELI
        http://v2.sdr-radio.com

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 14, 2014

          Hi Simon,

          Yes, I know you are the author and that’s why I posted it here too J

          I used SDR Console recently with an RTL-SDR stick and it worked OK, but it didn’t compare to the Perseus FM+-converter. The converter does not use it’s own USB-port BTW, it’s just coupled via the antenna input.

          I installed the SDR Console software (build 1735) again this morning and then selected Microtelecom in the Definitions after which it found one entry. Clicked that one (Perseus 1.0), chose Manager, then Down 80.000.000 and Range 86-108. After that I got a weird frequency spectrum and no sound, only noise. I could send you a screenshot, perhaps that would make things more clearer ?

          Regards,

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 14, 2014

            Hi Marc,

            Screenshots really will not help. If the Perseus is OK on its own then maybe the wrong frequency is being selected?

            Simon Brown G4ELI
            http://v2.sdr-radio.com

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 14, 2014

              Does Perseus and FM+ work with the FM+ software?

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 14, 2014

                The Perseus itself is working fine with SDR Console, but when I switch on the FM+, it does not correct the frequency like it should. I need to tune 80.000.000 lower, though I selected that option at Startup in the Definitions. So it’s only the frequency read-out. How do I change that ?

                73, Marc

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 14, 2014

                  Solved ! Don’t know what I did elsewise, but restarted again and selected Perseus Down converter and it’s working OK now. Pretty strange.

                  73, Marc

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 14, 2014

                    Strange programmer J .

                    FWIW the next beta will have faster station name decoding in RDS due to a bit of poor software. RDS / Stereo is rather complex stuff if you are trying to get it right.

                    Now I’m back in England I have lots of FM to play with and will soon put a 3 element beam up pointing at France / Spain for sporadic-E.

                    Simon Brown G4ELI
                    http://v2.sdr-radio.com

                    From: perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com [mailto:perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com]