Strange behaviour of Perseus >>> static dissipation

  • Scott Yost
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2014
      In northern Michigan we're familiar with snow induced antenna charge buildup in the winter, and of course, rain induced charge the rest of the year.  In addition to gas tube arrestors, I  installed a 3.3 megohm resistor as a static dissipator using a coaxial tee.

      The idea was courtesy of:

      http://oh7ug.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=344:stat.

      In case yahoo strips out the URL, search for OH7UG.

      A couple years ago my tower mounted vertical harvested enough charge during the buildup to a storm that the open coax end arced over in a regular rhythm.  I was doing some antenna work and had carelessly left it unterminated on the shop floor.  I guess I hypot tested that coax...

      73,

      Scott
      NM8R