F2 spectrum file

  • Jurgen Bartels
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 16, 2014
      For anyone wanting to experience a taste of F2 to the Americas on 34-35 MHz
      here's a 4 min 1600kHz wide file
      http://dx.3sdesign.de/iq-files/IF34400-140311-1634_028.ape
      It contains Brasil to USA

      Uncompress it with
      http://www.monkeysaudio.com

      The waterfall
      http://dx.3sdesign.de/iq-files/IF34400-140311-1634_028.gif

      you can use this waterfall to playback using StationList's Point & Shoot
      feature. However it is a paid option, so you may do without it.

      Jurgen Bartels Suellwarden, N. Germany
      Ant. hor: 29-45MHz 7-el, 45-87MHz 11-el, FM 15.11, Band-3:13-el, UHF:48-el
      MW: 30 x 4m EWE 320° with JB-terminator, Winradio & Perseus
      http://dx.3sdesign.de/tv_offset_list.htm
    • Sylvain Naud
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 16, 2014

        Le 2014-03-16 09:22, Jurgen Bartels a écrit :

        For anyone wanting to experience a taste of F2 to the Americas on 34-35 MHz
        here's a 4 min 1600kHz wide file
        http://dx.3sdesign.de/iq-files/IF34400-140311-1634_028.ape
        It contains Brasil to USA

        Uncompress it with
        http://www.monkeysaudio.com

        Thanks for sharing that Jurgen. I'm now wishing to add a downconverter to my actual gear :-)

        BTW, what a great compressor is Monkey's Audio. Reducing a 1.78 Gb to a slim 365 Mb is amazing! The recovered file just plays flawlessly.

        Sylvain

      • Jurgen Bartels
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 16, 2014
          > Thanks for sharing that Jurgen. I'm now wishing to add a downconverter
          > to my actual gear :-)

          Sylvain,
          there's no downconverter involved. Just Perseus hooked up to the (better)
          antenna and its preamplifier.

          > BTW, what a great compressor is Monkey's Audio. Reducing a 1.78 Gb to a
          > slim 365 Mb is amazing! The recovered file just plays flawlessly.

          Indeed. Without it I would not have uploaded it on my slow DSL
          I found that mode "High" gives the best compression, "Extra High" and "Insane"
          are worse.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 16, 2014

            Le 2014-03-16 11:43, Jurgen Bartels a écrit :

            > Thanks for sharing that Jurgen. I'm now wishing to add a downconverter
            > to my actual gear :-)

            Sylvain,
            there's no downconverter involved. Just Perseus hooked up to the (better)
            antenna and its preamplifier.

            Oops, I had in mind that the Perseus was limited at 30 MHz. A sign that I'm not playing around this part of the spectrum.

            Sylvain