Re: suggestion next version

  • fgvissel
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 1, 2008
      Provide a means to administrate the perseus wav files:
      Backup Start -> Backup Stop.
      So it would be possible to have a file just 3min long from say 16:58
      UTC to 17:01 UTC.
      Now I must save two long chunks from 16:55 to 17:00 and from 17:00 to
      17:05.
      Furthermore it would be nice if the excel log function would take the
      time info from perseus and not just record the real time from the PC OS.
    • oe1mww
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 1, 2008
        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "fgvissel" <fgvissel@...> wrote:

        > Furthermore it would be nice if the excel log function would take
        > the time info from perseus and not just record the real time from
        > the PC OS.

        the endless 'wish list'...
        (no one asked for italian cappucino up until today, how about?) ;-)

        can you please explain, what you want. Perseus does not provide any
        time info. So, what time would you like to see in the EXCEL sheet?

        73
        Wolfgang, OE1MWW
      • Walter Salmaniw
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 1, 2008
          At 12:00 PM 7/1/2008, you wrote:

          >the endless 'wish list'...
          >(no one asked for italian cappucino up until today, how about?) ;-)
          >
          >can you please explain, what you want. Perseus does not provide any
          >time info. So, what time would you like to see in the EXCEL sheet?
          >
          >73
          >Wolfgang, OE1MWW

          Kind of reminds me of a VERY funny video about the cellphone that does everything. Check the link, but be careful, those with weak bladders might just have a problem!......Search YouTube for the Sumsing Turbo 3000 English Version
          (Sorry for the slightly off topic, but I couldn't resist!)......Walt Salmaniw, Victoria,. BC, Canada
        • Nico iv3nwv
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 1, 2008
            oe1mww wrote:

            > the endless 'wish list'...
            > (no one asked for italian cappucino up until today, how about?) ;-)

            There's still a chance, Wolfgang, never forget it :-))

            BTW, many thanks for the nice QSL you dropped me at the WoodBoxRadio
            booth in Friedrichshafen. I regret that I was somewhere else around in
            the exibition when you came by us.
            Your QSL is now on my desktop, among a photomultiplier tube, a
            scintillation crystal and other things I love.

            I hope to have the occasion, at least once in my life, to come to Wien
            and assist to the new year concert. Johann Strauss' "Radesky march"
            and expecially "An der schönen blauen Donau" (how to forget its melody
            in the wonderful Kubrik's movie "2001: A Space Odyssey"?) are a
            tradition I don't like to miss at TV when I wake up each 1st January.
            Ok, I love also, and maybe even more, the Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
            Requiem (expecially the version directed by Karl Bohm) but this is
            just my personal taste :-)

            Thanks again for your nice gift,
            Nico
          • Nico iv3nwv
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 1, 2008
              Walter Salmaniw wrote:

              > At 12:00 PM 7/1/2008, you wrote:
              >
              > >the endless 'wish list'...

              > Kind of reminds me of a VERY funny video about the cellphone that
              does everything.

              Whaawhaawhaa, Walter :-))
              I've given a look to it and made lol.

              Not off topic at all. Thanks for reminding it us.

              (For those who would like to see it, the video is available here:
              http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=TYIOIM6hHBk
              Please, don't expect Perseus to measure the fever in that way)

              Nico
            • fgvissel
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 1, 2008
                @Wolfgang
                I use the excel sheet also to analyse canned perseus wav files, so it
                would be useful to get those dates/times instead of the current
                date/time from the pc os.
                Fried

                --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "oe1mww" <meister@...> wrote:

                > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "fgvissel" <fgvissel@> wrote:
                >
                > > Furthermore it would be nice if the excel log function would take
                > > the time info from perseus and not just record the real time from
                > > the PC OS.
                >
                > the endless 'wish list'...
                > (no one asked for italian cappucino up until today, how about?) ;-)
                >
                > can you please explain, what you want. Perseus does not provide any
                > time info. So, what time would you like to see in the EXCEL sheet?
                >
                > 73
                > Wolfgang, OE1MWW

              • oe1mww
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 2, 2008
                  --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "fgvissel" <fgvissel@...> wrote:

                  > I use the excel sheet also to analyse canned perseus wav files,
                  > so it would be useful to get those dates/times instead of the
                  > current date/time from the pc os.

                  @Fried

                  The Excel sheet communicates with Perseus via the serial ports,
                  even if they are virtual and not physical. Therefore only data that
                  is exchanged between these serial ports can be included in the Excel
                  sheet. There is a command to start/stop recording that could be
                  used. This command has not been included in the programming of the
                  VBA in the log sheet at the time beeing. If time allows, I will see
                  what can be done.
                  73

                  Wolfgang, OE1MWW
                • oe1mww
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 11, 2008
                    --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "fgvissel" <fgvissel@...> wrote:

                    > Furthermore it would be nice if the excel log function would take
                    > the time info from perseus and not just record the real time from
                    > the PC OS.

                    Perseus does not give any time info because it's a short wave
                    receiver, it has no real time clock, etc. Therefore EXCEL can not
                    store such infos.

                    ---

                    Referring to the wish list: it's like in business. 20% of your
                    customers make a lot of noise and therefore you think those are
                    'my customers'. But the remaining 80% are quiet and happy. And
                    those are the real customers.

                    73
                    Wolfgang, OE1MWW