Re: suggestion next version

  • Nelu
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 30, 2008
      Are calibration files needed for Perseus in order to work with Linrad
      smart noise blanker?
      If yes, can you supply such files for Perseus users?

      73 Corneliu

      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Leif Asbrink <leif@...> wrote:

      > On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 14:01:32 -0000
      > "dr_deepam" <mailto.f747.400@...> wrote:
      >
      > > that's why i say "make it opensource" so that anybody on the
      planet
      > > can develop this software.
      > > maybe sometime in the future winrad, linrad and the perseus
      software
      > > developer put everthing together and create the "ultimate perseus
      > > software".
      >
      > Linrad is open source - and without any license of any kind so
      > anyone can use it or parts of it in any way he/she wants.
      >
      > Linrad checks for a "users_hwaredriver" a routine that a user
      > may supply for his own functions. The user routine does not need
      > any change in order to fit new Linrad versions under normal
      > circumstances. There is a prototype version supplied with Linrad.
      > // for external frequency control via serial port
      > // for IC-275/IC-706/FT-1000/FT-736/TS-850/TS-2000/FT-950/
      > // FT-897/FT-450/FT-2000
      > // written 04 may 2007 for linrad 02-31
      > // Updated 16 june 2008 for linrad-02.48
      > // runs under windows and linux
      > // Written by ON5GN Pierre based on input from DL3IAE/IK7EZN/
      > // K1JT/ON4IY/ON7EH/W3SZ/YO4AUL
      >
      > I would happily include prototypes to do other things that someone
      > might find useful and I will also make whatever changes needed
      > in Linrad (within reason) to make such routines work with the
      > standard version so anyone using his own "users_hwaredriver"
      > will not need to make changes in other parts of the Linrad
      > source code.
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Leif / SM5BSZ

    • fgvissel
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 1, 2008
        Provide a means to administrate the perseus wav files:
        Backup Start -> Backup Stop.
        So it would be possible to have a file just 3min long from say 16:58
        UTC to 17:01 UTC.
        Now I must save two long chunks from 16:55 to 17:00 and from 17:00 to
        17:05.
        Furthermore it would be nice if the excel log function would take the
        time info from perseus and not just record the real time from the PC OS.
      • oe1mww
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 1, 2008
          --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "fgvissel" <fgvissel@...> wrote:

          > Furthermore it would be nice if the excel log function would take
          > the time info from perseus and not just record the real time from
          > the PC OS.

          the endless 'wish list'...
          (no one asked for italian cappucino up until today, how about?) ;-)

          can you please explain, what you want. Perseus does not provide any
          time info. So, what time would you like to see in the EXCEL sheet?

          73
          Wolfgang, OE1MWW
        • Walter Salmaniw
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 1, 2008
            At 12:00 PM 7/1/2008, you wrote:

            >the endless 'wish list'...
            >(no one asked for italian cappucino up until today, how about?) ;-)
            >
            >can you please explain, what you want. Perseus does not provide any
            >time info. So, what time would you like to see in the EXCEL sheet?
            >
            >73
            >Wolfgang, OE1MWW

            Kind of reminds me of a VERY funny video about the cellphone that does everything. Check the link, but be careful, those with weak bladders might just have a problem!......Search YouTube for the Sumsing Turbo 3000 English Version
            (Sorry for the slightly off topic, but I couldn't resist!)......Walt Salmaniw, Victoria,. BC, Canada
          • Nico iv3nwv
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 1, 2008
              oe1mww wrote:

              > the endless 'wish list'...
              > (no one asked for italian cappucino up until today, how about?) ;-)

              There's still a chance, Wolfgang, never forget it :-))

              BTW, many thanks for the nice QSL you dropped me at the WoodBoxRadio
              booth in Friedrichshafen. I regret that I was somewhere else around in
              the exibition when you came by us.
              Your QSL is now on my desktop, among a photomultiplier tube, a
              scintillation crystal and other things I love.

              I hope to have the occasion, at least once in my life, to come to Wien
              and assist to the new year concert. Johann Strauss' "Radesky march"
              and expecially "An der schönen blauen Donau" (how to forget its melody
              in the wonderful Kubrik's movie "2001: A Space Odyssey"?) are a
              tradition I don't like to miss at TV when I wake up each 1st January.
              Ok, I love also, and maybe even more, the Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
              Requiem (expecially the version directed by Karl Bohm) but this is
              just my personal taste :-)

              Thanks again for your nice gift,
              Nico
            • Nico iv3nwv
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 1, 2008
                Walter Salmaniw wrote:

                > At 12:00 PM 7/1/2008, you wrote:
                >
                > >the endless 'wish list'...

                > Kind of reminds me of a VERY funny video about the cellphone that
                does everything.

                Whaawhaawhaa, Walter :-))
                I've given a look to it and made lol.

                Not off topic at all. Thanks for reminding it us.

                (For those who would like to see it, the video is available here:
                http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=TYIOIM6hHBk
                Please, don't expect Perseus to measure the fever in that way)

                Nico
              • fgvissel
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 1, 2008
                  @Wolfgang
                  I use the excel sheet also to analyse canned perseus wav files, so it
                  would be useful to get those dates/times instead of the current
                  date/time from the pc os.
                  Fried

                  --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "oe1mww" <meister@...> wrote:

                  > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "fgvissel" <fgvissel@> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Furthermore it would be nice if the excel log function would take
                  > > the time info from perseus and not just record the real time from
                  > > the PC OS.
                  >
                  > the endless 'wish list'...
                  > (no one asked for italian cappucino up until today, how about?) ;-)
                  >
                  > can you please explain, what you want. Perseus does not provide any
                  > time info. So, what time would you like to see in the EXCEL sheet?
                  >
                  > 73
                  > Wolfgang, OE1MWW

                • oe1mww
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 2, 2008
                    --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "fgvissel" <fgvissel@...> wrote:

                    > I use the excel sheet also to analyse canned perseus wav files,
                    > so it would be useful to get those dates/times instead of the
                    > current date/time from the pc os.

                    @Fried

                    The Excel sheet communicates with Perseus via the serial ports,
                    even if they are virtual and not physical. Therefore only data that
                    is exchanged between these serial ports can be included in the Excel
                    sheet. There is a command to start/stop recording that could be
                    used. This command has not been included in the programming of the
                    VBA in the log sheet at the time beeing. If time allows, I will see
                    what can be done.
                    73

                    Wolfgang, OE1MWW
                  • oe1mww
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 11, 2008
                      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "fgvissel" <fgvissel@...> wrote:

                      > Furthermore it would be nice if the excel log function would take
                      > the time info from perseus and not just record the real time from
                      > the PC OS.

                      Perseus does not give any time info because it's a short wave
                      receiver, it has no real time clock, etc. Therefore EXCEL can not
                      store such infos.

                      ---

                      Referring to the wish list: it's like in business. 20% of your
                      customers make a lot of noise and therefore you think those are
                      'my customers'. But the remaining 80% are quiet and happy. And
                      those are the real customers.

                      73
                      Wolfgang, OE1MWW