Perseus off frequency (more information)

  • Walter Salmaniw
    Message 1 of 48 , Feb 15, 2014
      I checked the voltage on my high stability regulated power supply, and sure enough, it was on the low side at 4.7 v or so, I raised it back to 5.3 v.  Looking at the error, on the MW, it's about 63 Hz high on 1070 kHz, 163 Hz high at 2.5 MHz, 330  Hz high at 5 MHz, 650 Hz high at 10 MHz, 985 Hz at 15 MHz, and 1305 Hz high at 20 MHz.  This is unacceptable, and I sure never noticed this in the past.  My first Perseus is a pretty early version.  Temperature of the shack is kept around 17 deg C.  What's going on here?  Any solutions?  I'm not happy that the error is so different from MW to the SW bands.  In the past, I'd calibrate things at 20 MHz exactly, and that was it.  No damage in any way to the receiver either.      Please comment, and suggest a solution.  Is this a factory required fix?  I'd appreciate a comment from Microtelecom as well.  73,  Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC
      SN is # 151.
    • Lasse Moell
      Message 48 of 48 , Feb 18, 2014
        I agree... doubt we will see any major releases... hopefully a tuned USB driver to aid with USB3 problems. Not much money to earn trying to keep old hardware going, that is a reality!

        Now think of it... the receiver was launched 2007? and it is 6-7 years old, not many electronic products live this long, and it is still a model that others compare to! Would I like new features?? YES Would I like the still present "bugs" to be ironed out? YES but it so much better than when I bought the radio in 2008 using s/w ver. 0.30, I cannot say I am disapointed in any way!

        How many have tried the software and found it not delivering what they expect, but still bought the radio expecting new s/w to behave the way they want?

        What I really hope for is that Nico et al have spent the time developing new fun and exciting stuff that I simply MUST have :) Bring it on... money burning a hole in my pocket!

        Cheers
        Lasse SM5GLC

        18 februari 2014, Walter Salmaniw <canswl@...> skrev:

        Yep.  I think that Perseus has gone as far as it will go.  For something new, I think we need to look beyond to a new product....Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC

        On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 1:56 AM, <charlesh3@...> wrote:

        Mark -

        A pause feature has been requested many many times. No sign of Microtelecom action or even existence.

        Chuck