Sound quality Perseus and SDR-COM

  • cortlandbv
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2013
      Hello,

      This afternoon I tested the sound quality of the Perseus receiver alone and together with
      the SDR-COM software with rather weak to moderate shortwave signals from Laos 6130 and Yemen 6135

      I found the sound quality and readability much better with the SDR-COM software.

      There is still work todo by the MicroTelecom guys in Italy,hi

      David Visser
      Holland
    • Roberto Zinelli

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2013

          Try Studio1 and you will be blown away by the excellent sound quality!

          While the demo version is very limited at least there now is a demo version - http://www.sdrapplications.it/

          Bill

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2013

            The Studio 1 demo IS NOT very limited: the only limitation is that it doesn’t work with the receiving hardware but only with demo IQ files.

            All the other features all fully operational.
            There are no time limitations.

            73 Sandro

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2013

              I apologize. I meant that the limit is the WAV files that are available for download. Shortwave and FM bands. Myself I would want a large piece of the MW dial. Otherwise I agree, the demo is fully functional and helped me decide to buy Studio1 for the second time.

              Bill