Problem with StationList and Win7

  • Kari Syrjänen
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 27, 2013
      Hi all

      I have been using StationList since.....many years and it is the best add-on for Perseus.

      Now I installed Win7 for my new computer and problem starts

      All other works well but Recordin Playback Selector does nothing. Com0com works ok as RightClicking StationList database moves Perseus to right freq etc.
      But when listening recorded files, Plauback selector effects at all.

      I have some older SL in my HD so I installed older version. It does more as clicking file in Playback Selector opens file dialog but does not move information to Perseus...

      What did I do wrong?

      Kari
    • Jurgen Bartels
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 28, 2013
        > All other works well but Recordin Playback Selector does nothing. Com0com
        > works ok as RightClicking StationList database moves Perseus to right freq
        > etc.
        > But when listening recorded files, Plauback selector effects at all.
        >
        > I have some older SL in my HD so I installed older version. It does more as
        > clicking file in Playback Selector opens file dialog but does not move
        > information to Perseus...
        >
        > What did I do wrong?

        No idea, noone ever has reported probems with Win7.

        Try running it with admin rights.

        Any comments by SL/Win7 users?

        Jurgen Bartels Suellwarden, N. Germany
        Ant. hor: 29-45MHz 7-el, 45-87MHz 11-el, FM 15.11, Band-3:13-el, UHF:48-el
        MW: 30 x 4m EWE 320° with JB-terminator, Winradio & Perseus
        http://dx.3sdesign.de/tv_offset_list.htm
      • Guido Schotmans
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 28, 2013
          No problem here to run SL with Perseus on a W7 64bit system, but I have switched off User Account Control.

          73,

          Guido.

          > All other works well but Recordin Playback Selector does nothing. Com0com
          > works ok as RightClicking StationList database moves Perseus to right freq
          > etc.
          > But when listening recorded files, Plauback selector effects at all.
          >
          > I have some older SL in my HD so I installed older version. It does more as
          > clicking file in Playback Selector opens file dialog but does not move
          > information to Perseus...
          >
          > What did I do wrong?

          No idea, noone ever has reported probems with Win7.

          Try running it with admin rights.

          Any comments by SL/Win7 users?

          Jurgen Bartels Suellwarden, N. Germany
          Ant. hor: 29-45MHz 7-el, 45-87MHz 11-el, FM 15.11, Band-3:13-el, UHF:48-el
          MW: 30 x 4m EWE 320° with JB-terminator, Winradio & Perseus
          http://dx.3sdesign.de/tv_offset_list.htm

          Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
          Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
          Versie: 2014.0.4259 / Virusdatabase: 3629/6872 - datum van uitgifte: 11/27/13

        • Kari Syrjänen
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 29, 2013
            I have now tried almoust everything....except downgrading back to XP :(

            All other functions of SL works fine on Win7 but can not get Recording Playback selector to work ok.... sigh

            Kari

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 29, 2013
              > I have now tried almoust everything....except downgrading back to XP :(
              >
              > All other functions of SL works fine on Win7 but can not get Recording
              > Playback selector to work ok.... sigh

              Kari,
              I assume you use the latest version of SL?

              You could try to set SL compatibility to XP, but I don't expect much from that.

              Otherwise find another kind Win7/SL user and compare where the difference might
              be. I use XP, so can't help here

              Jurgen Bartels Suellwarden, N. Germany
              Ant. hor: 29-45MHz 7-el, 45-87MHz 11-el, FM 15.11, Band-3:13-el, UHF:48-el
              MW: 30 x 4m EWE 320° with JB-terminator, Winradio & Perseus
              http://dx.3sdesign.de/tv_offset_list.htm
            • dirk.claessens
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 2, 2013

                 Hi Kari,

                This looks familiar.  In which directory was SL installed?

                If it was installed in the standard directory under ../Program Files(x86)  and you are NOT logged on as administrator when using SL, SL  can only read from that directory. Write operations will be silently diverted to your user directory  C:\Users\kari\appdata etc..  by Microsoft's absurd "Virtual Store" mechanism.

                Uninstall SL, and re-install it in C:\Stationlist or whatever you prefer as long as it is NOT somewhere under  Program Files(x86) ( the same story applies to YaND/YaDD)

                Cheers - Dirk