Servicing on Perceus -Where?

  • stateasylum
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 26, 2013
      I've been trying for months to get a response on where I can send my Perceus for repair- it's not recognized on the USB.

      I'm in New Jersey and bought it from Grove two years ago.

      Pete AI2V
    • Lasse Moell
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 26, 2013
        Have you tried the old fashioned phone?
        Tel. +39-0432-655213 (Fax. +39-0432-685391)

        I'm sure they can tell you how to get it fixed, not that Gore is out of business.
        Or you may try the more modern e-mail info@... but then you never know if the mail is lost in cyberspace if you don't get a prompt reply :D

        BTW it's been a while since we heard anything from the gentlement in

        Pavia di Udine. I really hope they are busy developing new exciting toys!

        Cheers
        Lasse SM5GLC

        Tue Nov 26 2013 16:41:20 GMT+0100, stateasylum@... skrev:

        I've been trying for months to get a response on where I can send my Perceus for repair- it's not recognized on the USB.

        I'm in New Jersey and bought it from Grove two years ago.

        Pete AI2V

      • Guido Schotmans
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 26, 2013
          Hi Pete,

          mail to Cezare Buzzi at cbuzzi1@...   cbuzzi1 @ yahoo.com

          He is the Microtelecom man that is doing the repairs. Was in the past servicing very well. In Europe it was repaired within two weeks incl shipping for a fair price.

          73,

          Guido.

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 27, 2013

            Same issue over here (some 2 months ago).

            My Perseus also died because it's not recognized any more through the USB port. (returns device_ID = 0).

            And I was unable to contact Microtelecom for repair question(s).

            Thanks to Guide, I hope I get a second chance.

            Arie.

            ---In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, <stateasylum@...> wrote:

            I've been trying for months to get a response on where I can send my Perceus for repair- it's not recognized on the USB.

            I'm in New Jersey and bought it from Grove two years ago.

            Pete AI2V
          • longdipole
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 29, 2013

              Tried to contact Cezare Buzzi. Although the email did not bounce back, still no reply.

              Anybody with some suggestions about where I could try to let repair my Perseus.

              Emails to Microtelecom were also not answered.

              Or maybe someone with a telephone or Fax number for Microtelecom ?

              I'm located in Europe, the Netherlands.

              Arie.

              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 29, 2013
                Straight from their web page:

                Microtelecom s.r.l. - Viale Grado 45, scala A, p. 1 - 33050 Pavia di Udine - ITALY
                Tel. +39-0432-655213

                /Lasse SM5GLC

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 29, 2013
                  Arie,

                   Just for diagnose if your perseus is really dead, have you tried connect perseus on a pc with installed linux ? (is good a live distribution so no need  install nothing)

                  After plug perseus usb cable, open a  linux console and digit "dmesg" ,   look on last message if usb is detected........ if detected probaly your perseus is good.

                  73 Robert

                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 29, 2013
                      It happened before that Cesare didn't reply promptly when he was on vacation. Sometimes he is away rather long for a few weeks.

                      73,

                      Guido.

                      I've been trying for months to get a response on where I can send my Perceus for repair- it's not recognized on the USB.

                      I'm in New Jersey and bought it from Grove two years ago.

                      Pete AI2V

                      Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
                      Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
                      Versie: 2014.0.4158 / Virusdatabase: 3629/6866 - datum van uitgifte: 11/25/13

                      Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
                      Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
                      Versie: 2014.0.4259 / Virusdatabase: 3629/6876 - datum van uitgifte: 11/28/13

                    • cbuzzi1
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 3, 2013

                        Hi all

                        For Perseus repair please write at my company address :

                        cbuzzi@...

                        Buzzi Cesare   IV3MUR

                      • cbuzzi1
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 3, 2013

                          Hi all

                          For Perseus repair please write at my company address :

                          cbuzzi[AT]microtelecom.it             [AT]=@

                          Buzzi Cesare   IV3MUR
                        • longdipole
                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 24, 2013

                            Good day,

                            with this I would like to thank Cesare and further people at Microtelecom for repairing my Perseus at very reasonable costs. All this without further difficulties.

                            Merry Christmas to all and happy DX-ing,

                            Arie.

                          • cbuzzi1
                            Message 13 of 13 , Dec 26, 2013
                              Hi Arie