Driver install problem in Windows 8.1

  • dxnature
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 20, 2013
      Hi,

      I have tried to install my perseus on a new notebook with Windows 8.1 64 bit on a USB 3 port, but without succes. The system always answer with " driver is not digitally signed" and i cannot overrule this as administrator.

      How can I proceed and why is this problem that was discussed more than a year ago still not solved in a client friendly way. On my desktop with W7/64 and USB2 ports all is working well.

      73'
      Ron
    • dxnature

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 20, 2013
          You could try this:
          http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

          As I have not installed 8.1 I'll others do the debugging :)

          /SM5GLC

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 21, 2013

            Thanks Lasse, I have tried to follow this procedure, but to no avial. First of all, my OS is in Dutch and when I foud out how things suppose to go I got a error message. No luck so far, but I do not give up.

            MICROTELECOM... after 2 years of struggeling with the unsigned USB drivers can you releave your CUSTOMERS with releasing a regular supported USB driver set. Why do we have to suffer and bend ourselfs in all kind of angles to get things running. Shurely, 2 years is time enough to set things straight don't you think.

            Now I'm really getting in the grumpy old man mood.

            73' Ron Liekens

            ---In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, <lasse.moell@...> wrote:

[...]

          • Simon Brown
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 22, 2013

              Here’s an example at $178 per year: http://www.digicert.com/code-signing/driver-signing-certificates.htm

              GoDaddy: £139.99 /yr  http://uk.godaddy.com/ssl/code-signing-certificate.aspx

              Simon Brown (G4ELI/HB9DRV)
              http://v2.sdr-radio.com

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 22, 2013
                Pure speculation...
                Could it be that the drivers are not stable enough to warrant a signed driver??

                I have no idea how or what Cypress drivers will affect the usage of WinUsb drivers and what Microtelecom have to do to get it working.

                Have other vendors managed to use the FX2-chip with high speed data transfer and win8.1??

                /Lasse SM5GLC

                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 26, 2013

                      got it working.

                      http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

                       I now have a 100MBps fiber optic connection... The LAN setting should work very well now.

                      73 Thor, TF4m