Brazilian Perseus

  • Rocco Cotroneo
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 11, 2013

      Please try the receiver I'll leave online tonight with a K9AY pointing north on a beach 80 km off Rio de Janeiro. Connection via a 3G modem, hope it will hold.

      Rocco Cotroneo
    • Guido Schotmans
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 11, 2013
        Thanks for this unique experience Rocco.  I was scanning the 60 m tropical band and was surprised to see that there are still that much stations on the air.  I thought most of them have given up but it must just be that we here in Europe have to struggle a lot of qrn.

        73,

        Guido.

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 11, 2013

          Very interesting, thanks for the look around.

          Brian - W8GTX

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 11, 2013
              Hi Rocco,

              Works good on NDB's!

              Don KPC6NDB
              Upland, CA
              34.10 -117.63 1250ft
              DX-1000 FRG-100B FUNcube Dongle Pro+
              ICF2010 Perseus R70 R71A w/250Hz
              R75x2 w/250Hz SDR-IQ SPR-4 SSR-1
              SR-AF & LPF DSP599zx MFJ-784B
              HD-1418 AF-1 MSB-1
              PA0RDT Mini-Whipx2 @ 25ft
              RYO Active Antenna @ 25ft
              LFL1010 ALA100Lx2

              On 11-Nov-13 14:24, Rocco Cotroneo wrote:

              > Please try the receiver I'll leave online tonight with a K9AY pointing
              > north on a beach 80 km off Rio de Janeiro. Connection via a 3G modem,
              > hope it will hold.
              >
              > Rocco Cotroneo

            • Jurgen Bartels
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 11, 2013
                > Interesting it works with the USB 3g. No ports to open and other headaches.
                > Just plug and play!

                Rocco,
                are you using an old server version?
                When I tried I got something like this:
                You have to wait 2 min before allowing back again.

                I was never on it before.
                This is a know bug in an older version.

                Jurgen Bartels Suellwarden, N. Germany
                Ant. hor: 29-45MHz 7-el, 45-87MHz 11-el, FM 15.11, Band-3:13-el, UHF:48-el
                MW: 30 x 4m EWE 320° with JB-terminator, Winradio & Perseus
                http://dx.3sdesign.de/tv_offset_list.htm
              • Eike Bierwirth
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 16, 2013
                  Hi,

                  my Perseus software won't connect to remote units despite correct
                  settings in the firewall and the internet routers. After calling several
                  hotlines of the internet service provider (UnityMedia) and the router
                  manufacturer (AVM), I found an explanation:
                  IT'S THEIR FAULT!

                  The internet provider does not give me an ordinary IP address but has
                  "upgraded" new customers to the new IPv6 standard. To make things
                  compatible or for whatever reason, this means that my router is hooked
                  up to the internet via a so-called "DS Lite Tunnel".

                  Such devices are INACCESSIBLE from the internet. Port forwarding cannot
                  work, period. Hence NO remote Perseus, and presumably no online gaming
                  etc. (which I don't use but port forwarding forums usually deal with that).

                  Too bad! The ISP suggested to ask AVM, the router manufacturer, to set
                  up something called a "tunnel broker". No, they can't. They are working
                  on an actual solution, but that is still in the development phase,
                  depends on the transition to the new standard on a broader scale on the
                  market, and finally the firmware update will be initiated by the ISP at
                  their discretion. A time line is not yet available.

                  So I'm out of luck here. The ISP said a "business" plan would include an
                  IPv4 address, which would be the solution, but I was reluctant to pay so
                  much extra for a regular service. I'll keep bugging their hotline...

                  So if you change your ISP, first ask them if they use DS Lite Tunnel. If
                  the hotline person doesn't know what that is, request to talk to someone
                  who does, and if they can't vouch for NOT using it, don't do business
                  with them.

                  Really frustrating.

                  Good DX,
                  Eike