Perseus Purchase?

  • cqer01
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
      After sitting on the sidelines for several years, I now have a laptop that is very capable of running Perseus but....in view of the seeming disinterest from the developers and possibility of no more updates (or is this an unfair/incorrect appraisal?) I wonder if I may be too late to the party and an investment in a new Perseus SDR would probably not be a wise move?
      I've been slowly working my way through the "conversation" archives, which the new Neo format has made infinitely harder, but I may have drawn the wrong conclusions.

      Of the two North American dealers selling Perseus, is there a decided favourite in terms of backup / communications? As I am in Canada, perhaps purchasing from a UK or EU dealer might be something to think about....has anyone gone that route or can anyone offer some insight into U.S. dealers?

      My main interest with the Perseus would be for NDB overnight runs as well as some BCB DXing. Regarding the Perseus memory system....is it possible to preload a bank of frequencies....maybe 100 or more, in order to have a quick listen on each one...as in a conventional receiver? I don't fully understand how their memory banks are utilized.

      I would very much welcome any input / advice from seasoned users.

      Thanks,

      Steve -  VE7SL
      Mayne Island, BC

      WEB - "The VE7SL Radio Notebook": http://members.shaw.ca/ve7sl
    • George
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
        Hi Steve,

        All good questions.

        I have had my Perseus for two months now.  I am very impressed with how well the unit operates and tunes in weak stations.  I am using a Wellbrook antenna and have heard a few Europeans, Saudi Arabia, and Algeria on the medium wave band.  To me that is just incredible and hard to believe.

        One area of "wish it would do that" deals with the playback of recorded files.  The changing of the frequency is a little more cumbersome than when listening "live".  The frequency readout (large numbers on the left) do not seem to set the listening frequency where you can then see it on the linear display on the right (spectrum or waterfall display).  I find this disappointing.  However, it is not a show stopper.  Things should just work the same way as "live".

        It is my understanding that the Perseus folks are well aware of this and have been for some time.  Will they clean up these bugs in a future software release?  I have no idea whatsoever.  However, I sure hope so.  I know there are some other items that folks would like addressed, based on comments in the Yahoo group forum.

        In my opinion, if I were the developer, I would do everything in my power to address concerns with the software in a timely manner.  I know that version 4.1a was released in June 2013.  This revision cleaned up some Windows 8 issues (and perhaps other things as well).  I am not sure when the first version that worked under Windows 8 was release, but my perception is, it wasn't fast in coming out.  However, since I am now using Windows 8 and I am the last guy on the planet to update operating systems, I am not concerned about some new version of Windows.  That being said, after spending $1,000 for the Perseus, I would like to think that the developer would be interested in being more proactive in software updates.  Of course, I do not know the developer's situation and there may be situations on his end that may preclude this from happening.

        I purchased by Perseus SDR from Gerry in Pennsylvania (SSB USA).  Gerry was most courteous in emails and phone conversations.  Shipment was received in two days from him.  (Of course, I am very close to Pennsylvania).

        With all I said above, would I still buy the Perseus?  Without a doubt the answer is YES.  However, I stand by my comment that more a proactive response to software updates due to bugs or to incorporate new features would be nice.

        Good luck on whatever way you proceed.

        Regards,

        George, NJ3H
        Stephens City, Virginia USA

        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013

          Hi Steve,

          Using the Perseus it's a bit like driving an old car but a very good and reliable one. (i.e.Duesenberg)
          Old fashioned but who cares?
          You know it's one of the best!
          That is true, there is no bells and whistles and you have to get used to it.
          As long as you are not going to use it strictly for a CW Skimmer you can't make a better choice.

          Best regards Hiro sp6ml
          73's

          Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

          Message 4 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
            Hello Steve,

            I have owned a PERSEUS since March 2008 and have never looked back.

            Over the years there has been a lot of moaning over updates etc.
            The weird thing is that people have never asked these questions about the
            radios from the big three, though their products are all software driven.

            In computing updates are the norm, but these are mostly used to repair a
            software fault or address a safety issue.
            So we are used that software needs updates, but this does not necessarily
            apply to SDR's.
            From the start, I have been able to make the PERSEUS work for me by
            looking at what the receiver can do and not which features are missing.
            This has been the same attitude I used to make the best of all analogue
            receivers I have owned.

            The phase noise figures are excellent and I know of people who use the
            PERSEUS to measure the phase noise of local oscillators. In practice this
            means that here in Europe reception of NDB's between strong medium wave
            broadcast stations is possible. The one radio that could do that also was
            my AR7030plus, but the PERSEUS is better in this regard.

            Regarding memories, there are 6 banks of 100 each.
            I have one bank filled with Canadian NDB's, which makes it easier to find
            them when conditions are right.

            I am biased, however I logged IPA-280 on mine which was priceless!

            73,
            Roelof, pa0rdt
          • Don
            Message 5 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
              Hi Steve,

              I bought my Perseus from Universal Radio. You probably know that name as
              well. I have purchased alot of my radio equipment from them over many
              years as well as the almost defunct Grove with no problems what so ever.
              I've had no problems installing the Perseus here with v4.0b and USB2
              here on two PC's, a LT and a netbook. You probably read that the newer
              versions have problems with USB3.

              As far as the memory goes it is like some old scanner radios of years
              past. For most users there are 6 fixed memory banks with 100 slots each.
              There are 4 more memories that are labeled for Eibi, HFCC, USER1 and
              USER2. There are frequency lists on the 'net that are available and
              formatted for the Perseus and can be downloaded to fill those slots.

              I have not spent the time to figure out the formatting of the memories.
              I believe it is CSV or similar. One typo/error in these lists will
              render them unusable so I keep working backup copies just in case. 6x100
              is just not enough for me but that is what we have to deal with.

              Yes, some aspects of the Perseus are not particularly user friendly. As
              to the memories in this day and age you would think for example the
              memories would be easily and infinitely expandable by any user.

              I'm pretty happy with my Perseus as it is my main NDB rx replacing the
              R-75 but some areas could use improvement if the developers/programmers
              were interested in customer service/satisfaction of their $1K product.

              I'm not smart enough or have the time to mess with programming or typing
              in lists with hundreds of NDB's and worrying about making a single typo
              that would nuke the whole lot! LoL I've done that enough times with
              NDBWebLog and survived though!

              I really miss the HRD (Ham Radio Deluxe) v5.nnnn program that controls
              my R-75's. It would be perfect for the memory management of the Perseus.
              It needs a .dll or something to interface with the Perseus.

              Well, that's my 2 cents worth! Good DX!

              Don KPC6NDB
              Upland, CA
              34.10 -117.63 1250ft
              DX-1000 FRG-100B FUNcube Dongle Pro+
              ICF2010 Perseus R70 R71A w/250Hz
              R75x2 w/250Hz SDR-IQ SPR-4 SSR-1
              SR-AF & LPF DSP599zx MFJ-784B
              HD-1418 AF-1 MSB-1
              PA0RDT Mini-Whipx2 @ 25ft
              RYO Active Antenna @ 25ft
              LFL1010 ALA100Lx2

              Message 6 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
                Don,

                > I really miss the HRD (Ham Radio Deluxe) v5.nnnn program that controlsmy
                > R-75's.

                Have you tried SDRConsole V2?

                73,
                Roelof

                --
                Gemaakt met Opera's e-mailprogramma: http://www.opera.com/mail/
              • Bill Nollman
                Message 7 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
                  I was just going to say that. SDRConsole is VERY actively developed (Yahoo
                  Group with a very responsive developer) and has come a very long way in the
                  year I've been following it. I also like Studio1 which has some major
                  benefits and the usual pile of downsides. That said I still prefer the
                  Perseus GUI for simplicity of use. However SDRConsole v2 (free) and Studio1
                  ($149 Euro) have both done a great job of offering alternate software
                  packages. Because of this and past experience I doubt we will ever see the
                  list of fixes for the Perseus GUI tackled by Microtelecom. I don't wish to
                  restart that debate either, so please no else do that! Finally, I haven't
                  yet tried the other high end SDR's out there but can't imagine anything
                  better than my Perseus (which I bought from Gerry at SSB US at least 3 or 4
                  years ago, my how time flies when you are having fun DXing!).

                  As for NDB's - the Perseus can go down to 1Hz CW bandwidth with a simple
                  registry edit - see the Yahoo group forums on how this is done. I posted a
                  Word doc last year which shows the process step by step.

                  SDRConsole v2 - http://v2.sdr-radio.com/Download.aspx
                  Studio1 - http://www.sdrapplications.it/

                  Bill

                  > I really miss the HRD (Ham Radio Deluxe) v5.nnnn program that
                  > controlsmy R-75's.

                  Have you tried SDRConsole V2?

                  73,
                  Roelof

                  --
                  Gemaakt met Opera's e-mailprogramma: http://www.opera.com/mail/

                  ------------------------------------

                  Yahoo Groups Links
                • Don
                  Message 8 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
                    Hello Roelof,

                    I've hardly looked at it since downloading it a year ago. It has expired
                    and won't run now so I guess I need to re-download it.

                    On 09-Nov-13 12:03, Roelof Bakker wrote:
                    > Don,
                    >
                    >> I really miss the HRD (Ham Radio Deluxe) v5.nnnn program that controlsmy
                    >> R-75's.
                    >

                    > Have you tried SDRConsole V2?
                    >
                    > 73,
                    > Roelof

                  • Roelof Bakker
                    Message 9 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
                      Hello Don,

                      I have build 1451 and use it with my Afredi SDR for NAVTEX.
                      The beauty is that you can run it with different hardware at the same time.
                      As long as your PC can handle it it will work.

                      73,
                      Roelof
                    • Don
                      Message 10 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
                        Hello Roelof,

                        I just downloaded the latest version and it does not see my Perseus but
                        does see the the FunCube Dongle and SDR-IQ. Maybe that is why I have not
                        used it in almost a year?

                        On 09-Nov-13 12:23, Roelof Bakker wrote:
                        > Hello Don,
                        >
                        > I have build 1451 and use it with my Afredi SDR for NAVTEX.
                        > The beauty is that you can run it with different hardware at the same time.
                        > As long as your PC can handle it it will work.
                        >
                        > 73,
                        > Roelof
                        >

                        > ------------------------------------
                        >
                        > Yahoo Groups Links

                      • Guido Schotmans
                        Message 11 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
                          And don't forget you can find loads of links to interesting Perseus tool at Willi Passmann's Third Party software list.

                          There are also a lot af databases that can control Perseus.

                          73,

                          Guido.
                        • ferrox4
                          Message 12 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
                            I'm sure this might have been addressed, but has anyone compared Perseus vs win radio Excalibur.   Looking into buying a new sdr having owned an sdr-iq and a Perseus in the past. I don't see much written about Excalibur which would seem to be a direct competitor to the Perseus.
                            Thanks, John

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            On Nov 9, 2013, at 4:08 PM, "Guido Schotmans" <guidoschotmans@...> wrote:

                            And don't forget you can find loads of links to interesting Perseus tool at Willi Passmann's Third Party software list.

                            There are also a lot af databases that can control Perseus.

                            73,

                            Guido.

                          • Leif Asbrink
                            Message 13 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
                              Hello John,

                              Have a look here:
                              http://www.sm5bsz.com/lir/sdrcmp/bdr/bdr-1.htm
                              This shows hardware performance.

                              Both are fine. The Excalibur is a little more noisy at close
                              range and a little less noisy at wide range in a test with a
                              strong carrier.

                              The software is good for both receivers:
                              http://www.sm5bsz.com/lir/sim1/sim1.htm

                              There is also QS1R, OpenHPSDR(Hermes), NetSDR and others.

                              Also cards like PCIe-9842 offer similar performance although
                              it is a general purpose digitizer/oscilloscope card. I am working
                              on routines to use it in Linrad with a sampling speed of 200 MHz.
                              Performance is about the same as Perseus. (But far more expensive
                              today)

                              Regards

                              Leif / SM5BSZ

                              > I'm sure this might have been addressed, but has anyone compared Perseus vs win radio Excalibur. Looking into buying a new sdr having owned an sdr-iq and a Perseus in the past. I don't see much written about Excalibur which would seem to be a direct competitor to the Perseus.
                              > Thanks, John
                              >
                              > Sent from my iPhone
                              >
                              > On Nov 9, 2013, at 4:08 PM, "Guido Schotmans" <guidoschotmans@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > > And don't forget you can find loads of links to interesting Perseus tool at Willi Passmann's Third Party software list.
                              > > http://www.mediafire.com/?2lve8wq6y1ou2
                              > >
                              > > There are also a lot af databases that can control Perseus.
                              > >
                              > > 73,
                              > >
                              > > Guido.

                            • Larry Ewan
                              Message 14 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
                                Don,
                                There are .SBS files you have to have in the SDR-Radio program directory.
                                Download the EXTIO_perseus2v3b.zip from Microtelecom, unzip it and dump
                                the files in the SDR-RADIO program directory. Restart SDR-RADIO and you
                                should be good to go. I don¹t think you need the EXTIO dll file from the
                                zip file. It¹s not in my program directory. There are 9 files with .sbs
                                extensions.

                                http://microtelecom.it/perseus/ExtIO_perseus2v3b.zip

                                You¹ll need to have administrator privileges when you do it. You might
                                want to see if the files are already there before burning the time.

                                Larry

                                On 11/9/13, 3:47 PM, "Don" <stb55@...> wrote:

                                >Hello Roelof,
                                >
                                >I just downloaded the latest version and it does not see my Perseus but
                                >does see the the FunCube Dongle and SDR-IQ. Maybe that is why I have not
                                >used it in almost a year?
                                >
                                >Don KPC6NDB
                                >Upland, CA
                              • Don
                                Message 15 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
                                  Hi Larry,

                                  Yes, the 9ea .sbs files are already there. ???

                                  On 09-Nov-13 16:52, Larry Ewan wrote:
                                  > Don,
                                  > There are .SBS files you have to have in the SDR-Radio program directory.
                                  > Download the EXTIO_perseus2v3b.zip from Microtelecom, unzip it and dump
                                  > the files in the SDR-RADIO program directory. Restart SDR-RADIO and you
                                  > should be good to go. I don¹t think you need the EXTIO dll file from the
                                  > zip file. It¹s not in my program directory. There are 9 files with .sbs
                                  > extensions.
                                  >
                                  > http://microtelecom.it/perseus/ExtIO_perseus2v3b.zip
                                  >

                                  > You¹ll need to have administrator privileges when you do it. You might
                                  > want to see if the files are already there before burning the time.
                                  >
                                  > Larry
                                  >

                                  > On 11/9/13, 3:47 PM, "Don" <stb55@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  >> Hello Roelof,
                                  >>
                                  >> I just downloaded the latest version and it does not see my Perseus but
                                  >> does see the the FunCube Dongle and SDR-IQ. Maybe that is why I have not
                                  >> used it in almost a year?
                                  >>
                                  >> Don KPC6NDB
                                  >> Upland, CA
                                  >

                                  > ------------------------------------
                                  >
                                  > Yahoo Groups Links

                                • Larry Ewan
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
                                    <<sound of scratching behind me. . .>> - I’m stumped then. Are you
                                    attaching via USB or a networked server?

                                    Larry

                                    On 11/9/13, 8:01 PM, "Don" <stb55@...> wrote:

                                    >Hi Larry,
                                    >
                                    >Yes, the 9ea .sbs files are already there. ???
                                    >
                                    >Don KPC6NDB
                                    >Upland, CA
                                    >34.10 -117.63 1250ft
                                    >DX-1000 FRG-100B FUNcube Dongle Pro+
                                    >ICF2010 Perseus R70 R71A w/250Hz
                                    >R75x2 w/250Hz SDR-IQ SPR-4 SSR-1
                                    >SR-AF & LPF DSP599zx MFJ-784B
                                    >HD-1418 AF-1 MSB-1
                                    >PA0RDT Mini-Whipx2 @ 25ft
                                    >RYO Active Antenna @ 25ft
                                    >LFL1010 ALA100Lx2
                                    >
                                    >On 09-Nov-13 16:52, Larry Ewan wrote:
                                    >> Don,
                                    >> There are .SBS files you have to have in the SDR-Radio program
                                    >>directory.
                                    >> Download the EXTIO_perseus2v3b.zip from Microtelecom, unzip it and dump
                                    >> the files in the SDR-RADIO program directory. Restart SDR-RADIO and you
                                    >> should be good to go. I don¹t think you need the EXTIO dll file from
                                    >>the
                                    >> zip file. It¹s not in my program directory. There are 9 files with
                                    >>.sbs
                                    >> extensions.
                                    >>
                                    >> http://microtelecom.it/perseus/ExtIO_perseus2v3b.zip
                                    >>

                                    >> You¹ll need to have administrator privileges when you do it. You might
                                    >> want to see if the files are already there before burning the time.
                                    >>
                                    >> Larry
                                    >>

                                    >> On 11/9/13, 3:47 PM, "Don" <stb55@...> wrote:
                                    >>
                                    >>> Hello Roelof,
                                    >>>
                                    >>> I just downloaded the latest version and it does not see my Perseus but
                                    >>> does see the the FunCube Dongle and SDR-IQ. Maybe that is why I have
                                    >>>not
                                    >>> used it in almost a year?
                                    >>>
                                    >>> Don KPC6NDB
                                    >>> Upland, CA
                                    >>

                                    >> ------------------------------------
                                    >>
                                    >> Yahoo Groups Links
                                    >>

                                    >------------------------------------
                                    >
                                    >Yahoo Groups Links

                                  • Don
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
                                      Direct USB. I just downloaded the "newest" version a few hours ago. It
                                      recognizes the SDR-IQ and FunCube right away. I even shutdown the
                                      Perseus and restarted it as it is normally on 24/7. No audio either.

                                      On the v1.5 audio is fine for the SDR-IQ and the waterfall is better.

                                      On 09-Nov-13 17:14, Larry Ewan wrote:
                                      > <<sound of scratching behind me. . .>> - I’m stumped then. Are you
                                      > attaching via USB or a networked server?
                                      >
                                      > Larry
                                      >

                                      > On 11/9/13, 8:01 PM, "Don" <stb55@...> wrote:
                                      >
                                      >> Hi Larry,
                                      >>
                                      >> Yes, the 9ea .sbs files are already there. ???
                                      >>
                                      >> Don KPC6NDB
                                      >> Upland, CA
                                      >> 34.10 -117.63 1250ft
                                      >> DX-1000 FRG-100B FUNcube Dongle Pro+
                                      >> ICF2010 Perseus R70 R71A w/250Hz
                                      >> R75x2 w/250Hz SDR-IQ SPR-4 SSR-1
                                      >> SR-AF & LPF DSP599zx MFJ-784B
                                      >> HD-1418 AF-1 MSB-1
                                      >> PA0RDT Mini-Whipx2 @ 25ft
                                      >> RYO Active Antenna @ 25ft
                                      >> LFL1010 ALA100Lx2
                                      >>
                                      >> On 09-Nov-13 16:52, Larry Ewan wrote:
                                      >>> Don,
                                      >>> There are .SBS files you have to have in the SDR-Radio program
                                      >>> directory.
                                      >>> Download the EXTIO_perseus2v3b.zip from Microtelecom, unzip it and dump
                                      >>> the files in the SDR-RADIO program directory. Restart SDR-RADIO and you
                                      >>> should be good to go. I don¹t think you need the EXTIO dll file from
                                      >>> the
                                      >>> zip file. It¹s not in my program directory. There are 9 files with
                                      >>> .sbs
                                      >>> extensions.
                                      >>>
                                      >>> http://microtelecom.it/perseus/ExtIO_perseus2v3b.zip
                                      >>>

                                      >>> You¹ll need to have administrator privileges when you do it. You might
                                      >>> want to see if the files are already there before burning the time.
                                      >>>
                                      >>> Larry

                                      >>> ------------------------------------
                                      >>>
                                      >>> Yahoo Groups Links
                                      >>>

                                      >> ------------------------------------
                                      >>
                                      >> Yahoo Groups Links
                                      >>

                                      > ------------------------------------
                                      >
                                      > Yahoo Groups Links

                                    • Larry Ewan
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
                                        It all seems to point to a setup issue. None the less, I¹m stumped too.

                                        Larry N9JY

                                        On 11/9/13, 8:18 PM, "Don" <stb55@...> wrote:

                                        >Direct USB. I just downloaded the "newest" version a few hours ago. It
                                        >recognizes the SDR-IQ and FunCube right away. I even shutdown the
                                        >Perseus and restarted it as it is normally on 24/7. No audio either.
                                        >
                                        >On the v1.5 audio is fine for the SDR-IQ and the waterfall is better.

                                      • Denis Jackson
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Nov 9, 2013
                                          Hi Hiro,

                                          Interested in your comment about Skimmer. Why do you say that and which SDR would you buy if you were mainly wanting to use Skimmer?

                                          73

                                          Denis MW0CBC / GW8OQV

                                          Message 20 of 28 , Nov 10, 2013
                                            Hi Denis,

                                            QS1R with CW Skimmer Server skim up to 7 bands at once.
                                            That's why.

                                            73's Hiro

[...]

                                          • boris_the_big_spider
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Nov 10, 2013
                                              Hi Hiro,

                                              Thank you for this. It's one I've been looking at. I think I may have to
                                              spend some money soon. Do you find this combination of QS1R and CW
                                              Skimmer works OK with Win 7/8?

                                              73

                                              Denis

                                              > Hi Denis,<br/><br/>QS1R with CW Skimmer Server skim up to 7 bands at
                                              > href="http://overview.mail.yahoo.com?.src=iOS"><br/><br/>Sent from Yahoo
                                              > Mail for iPad</a>
                                            • Hiro Domanski
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Nov 10, 2013
                                                Hi Denis,

                                                Remember you want CW Skimmer server cos "CW Skimmer" is different one.
                                                I haven't experience with Win 7 or 8 cos I'm last one person on the planet who's going to upgrading operation system.
                                                Still running on XP P4 3.2 HT

                                                GL 73's Hiro

                                                Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

                                                Thank you for this. It's one I've been looking at. I think I may have to
                                                spend some money soon. Do you find this combination of QS1R and CW
                                                Skimmer works OK with Win 7/8?

                                                73

                                                Denis

                                                > Hi Denis,<br/><br/>QS1R with CW Skimmer Server skim up to 7 bands at
                                                > href="http://overview.mail.yahoo.com?.src=iOS"><br/><br/>Sent from Yahoo
                                                > Mail for iPad</a>

                                              • Steve
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Nov 10, 2013
                                                  Many thanks to those that offered advice re possible purchase of a new
                                                  Perseus (before my thread got hi-jacked, not once but twice!). The Excalibur
                                                  has been suggested as something to check out as well, but I think the
                                                  Perseus may have better narrow filter DSP settings than the
                                                  Excalibur...still trying to compare the two with an eye towards LF/NDB
                                                  listening.

                                                  Your input was much appreciated.

                                                  Steve / 73

                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Nov 10, 2013

                                                    Steve, a suggestion if LF/NDB is your priority. Download the Perseus software. I have pretty good reception of LW with a very large SuperLoop out back. I can make you a 5 minute recording and post it to Dropbox. Download it and you can play with the recording all you like. It’s just like using the Perseus live (except for the wave/waterfall not tracking but that’s been discussed before. Bill

                                                    Many thanks to those that offered advice re possible purchase of a new
                                                    Perseus (before my thread got hi-jacked, not once but twice!). The Excalibur
                                                    has been suggested as something to check out as well, but I think the
                                                    Perseus may have better narrow filter DSP settings than the
                                                    Excalibur...still trying to compare the two with an eye towards LF/NDB
                                                    listening.

                                                    Your input was much appreciated.

                                                    Steve / 73

                                                    WEB - "The VE7SL Radio Notebook": http://members.shaw.ca/ve7sl

                                                  • Kjell-Göran Bergendahl
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Nov 10, 2013

                                                      Hi,
                                                      Speaking about software for Perseus, have you checked Studio1? IMHO the best software there is. I have used it for about a year now and don't feel a need for anything else.
                                                      73,
                                                      Kjell-Göran SM4GRP

                                                    • neilkaz
                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Nov 10, 2013
                                                        Does Studio 1 come with an easy to use automatic recording scheduler?

                                                        73 and thx KAZ

                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Nov 10, 2013

                                                          And does Studio 1 support the acces on 'web based' remote access receivers ?

                                                          That's also one of the major things I like about the Perseus.

                                                          Especially because one know's what Rx is on the other side. ;-)

                                                          Arie.

                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Nov 10, 2013
                                                            Bill - thank you for your good idea and kind offer. I may take you up on
                                                            this down the road...still sifting through all of the web info I can find on
                                                            the Perseus / Excalibur systems. One of my main concerns still (maybe
                                                            unjust) is the seemingly deaf-ears from the developers when it comes to
                                                            addressing some fairly obvious improvement suggestions by those that have
                                                            ponied-up for their product.

                                                            Steve / 73