A couple of Stationlist questions

  • BEAVAN SIMON
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2013
      I don't know if Jürgen is around or if anybody else can help.

      I've been using Stationlist a lot recently and very good it is, but I need a bit of help.

      1. In the recordings play back selector, when using the spin control to position within the recording, the help suggests that you can move to another recording and stay at the same position on the trackbar. This doesn't work for me. Is there anything extra I have to do to make it work ?

      2. Yesterday I tried to record an afternoon's worth of 30 mhz with Point & Shoot enabled. I got the message "Point & Shoot trial period has expired"  "You need to register it" when I tried to select in edit settings.  Register ?  Where and how do I do that ?

      3. PL-Decoder in the file menu. Is this active ?  It doesn't seem to do anything for me and I can't see it documented.

      Thanks in advance.

      Simon

    • Jurgen Bartels
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2013
        Hi Simon,

        > 1. In the recordings play back selector, when using the spin control to
        > position within the recording, the help suggests that you can move to
        > another recording and stay at the same position on the trackbar. This
        > doesn't work for me. Is there anything extra I have to do to make it work ?

        That has changed slightly, and help not yet updated.
        In PBS Right click on the folder name, and select "define playback position at
        start"

        > 2. Yesterday I tried to record an afternoon's worth of 30 mhz with Point &
        > Shoot enabled. I got the message "Point & Shoot trial period has expired"
        > "You need to register it" when I tried to select in edit settings.
        > Register ? Where and how do I do that ?

        Contact me via email

        > 3. PL-Decoder in the file menu. Is this active ? It doesn't seem to do
        > anything for me and I can't see it documented.

        This works when Spectrum Lab runs in the background. Start it, and make sure
        you see the audio spectrum. Then enable "PL-decoder" in SL.

        Jurgen Bartels Suellwarden, N. Germany
        Ant. hor: 29-45MHz 7-el, 45-87MHz 11-el, FM 15.11, Band-3:13-el, UHF:48-el
        MW: 30 x 4m EWE 320° with JB-terminator, Winradio & Perseus
        http://dx.3sdesign.de/tv_offset_list.htm
      • BEAVAN SIMON
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2013
          Thanks Jurgen ,

          PBS works great. Now if only you could keep the same notch settings between recordings..... :-)

          I'lll try the PL.  I find SpectrumLab a bit beyond my capabilities (sometimes the connection with Perseus doesn't seem to work too well), but am willing to try.

          Simon

          On 3 November 2013 10:00, Jurgen Bartels <jurgenb2@...> wrote:
          Hi Simon,

          > 1. In the recordings play back selector, when using the spin control to
          > position within the recording, the help suggests that you can move to
          > another recording and stay at the same position on the trackbar. This
          > doesn't work for me. Is there anything extra I have to do to make it work ?

          That has changed slightly, and help not yet updated.
          In PBS Right click on the folder name, and select "define playback position at
          start"

          > 2. Yesterday I tried to record an afternoon's worth of 30 mhz with Point &
          > Shoot enabled. I got the message "Point & Shoot trial period has expired"
          > "You need to register it" when I tried to select in edit settings.
          > Register ?  Where and how do I do that ?

          Contact me via email

          > 3. PL-Decoder in the file menu. Is this active ?  It doesn't seem to do
          > anything for me and I can't see it documented.

          This works when Spectrum Lab runs in the background. Start it, and make sure
          you see the audio spectrum. Then enable "PL-decoder" in SL.

          Jurgen Bartels  Suellwarden, N. Germany
          Ant. hor: 29-45MHz 7-el, 45-87MHz 11-el,  FM 15.11,  Band-3:13-el,  UHF:48-el
          MW: 30 x 4m EWE 320° with JB-terminator, Winradio & Perseus
          http://dx.3sdesign.de/tv_offset_list.htm

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              perseus_SDR-digest@yahoogroups.com
              perseus_SDR-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        • Jurgen Bartels
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 2013
            > PBS works great. Now if only you could keep the same notch settings between
            > recordings..... :-)

            I think it does. Maybe I am wrong?
            The Squelch setting is kept

            > I'lll try the PL. I find SpectrumLab a bit beyond my capabilities
            > (sometimes the connection with Perseus doesn't seem to work too well), but
            > am willing to try.

            No need to connect to Perseus, just feed SpecLab the "what you hear" or
            "stereomix" of your soundcard