WavChopper Issue

  • nj3h
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2013
      WavChopper seems to work on any file, except those recorded at 23:59:00.

      The files are recorded by Mestor.  When trying to "chop" this end of day/beginning of new day file, I receive an error message that states: "Bad Start or Stop".

      I sure would like to chop a particular file down to the last minute, but so far I am having no luck.

      Has anyone else experienced this?  If so, are there any work-arounds?

      Regards,
      George
    • Jurgen Bartels
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2013
        > WavChopper seems to work on any file, except those recorded at 23:59:00.
        >
        > The files are recorded by Mestor. When trying to "chop" this end of
        > day/beginning of new day file, I receive an error message that states: "Bad
        > Start or Stop".
        >

        > I sure would like to chop a particular file down to the last minute, but so
        > far I am having no luck.

        Use use the Playback-Selector of StationList, one of the subfunction is
        "extract & copy" that doesn't have the above restrictions

        Jurgen Bartels Suellwarden, N. Germany
        Ant. hor: 29-45MHz 7-el, 45-87MHz 11-el, FM 15.11, Band-3:13-el, UHF:48-el
        MW: 30 x 4m EWE 320° with JB-terminator, Winradio & Perseus
        http://dx.3sdesign.de/tv_offset_list.htm
      • Mark Durenberger
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2013
          George, you said:

          >>WavChopper seems to work on any file, except those recorded at 23:59:00.<<

          Back in September I mentioned this; Chuck responded, as below:

          Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 2:55 PM
          Subject: [perseus_SDR] RE: WAV CHOPPER AT 2400

          Mark -

          I'll take a look at that. Likely I never tested the rollover from one day  to the next.

          Chuck

          --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, <perseus_sdr@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Wav Chopper is a wonderful utility...but it barfs when it sees the transition from 23:59:50 to 00:++:++.

          Is this group of keen minds aware of a work-around?

          Many thanks!

          Mark Durenberger

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 2013
            Thanks Jurgen.  I have been unable to get com0com configured on my Win8 computer.  I cannot set the ports 10 and 11 as shown in the instructions I have found.

            So without that working, SL will not work. Jurgen, is there a version of extract and copy that does not need com0com (in other words - Stand alone)?

            Does anyone have an email address of the gentleman who wrote the WavChopper software?

            Regards, George

            > WavChopper seems to work on any file, except those recorded at 23:59:00. > > The files are recorded by Mestor. When trying to "chop" this end of > day/beginning of new day file, I receive an error message that states: "Bad > Start or Stop". > > > I sure would like to chop a particular file down to the last minute, but so > far I am having no luck. Use use the Playback-Selector of StationList, one of the subfunction is "extract & copy" that doesn&apos;t have the above restrictions Jurgen Bartels Suellwarden, N. Germany Ant. hor: 29-45MHz 7-el, 45-87MHz 11-el, FM 15.11, Band-3:13-el, UHF:48-el TV: Winradio G305 / Fly2000 + video noise filter & variable IF BW FM: Downconverter + Perseus + Speclab as WFM demod. MW: 30 x 4m EWE 320° with JB-terminator, Winradio &
            Perseus http://zeiterfassung.3sdesign.de/station_list.htm http://dx.3sdesign.de/tv_offset_list.htm
          • George
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 3, 2013
              Mark,
              Thanks so much for the update.  I appreciate it.  An interesting little quirk, who would have thought?

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 3, 2013
                > Thanks Jurgen.  I have been unable to get com0com configured on my Win8
                > computer.  I cannot set the ports 10 and 11 as shown in the instructions I
                > have found.
                >
                > So without that working, SL will not work.Jurgen, is there a version of
                > extract and copy that does not need com0com (in other words - Stand alone)?

                No, there isn't.
                Try VSPE instead of com0com. Although it is less stable, it should work in your
                case.