Try my server please

  • Walter Salmaniw
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 15, 2013
      Whom?  Anyone else finding this?  So far, Don's the only person who's tried.

      On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 4:18 AM, Don Moman VE6JY <ve6jy.1@...> wrote:

      Can connect but no waterfall etc

      On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 4:01 AM, Walter Salmaniw <canswl@...> wrote:

      An update.  I hooked up my second Perseus SDR, and on Port 20 on my 2nd Perseus SDR, outside the DMZ router.  I was able to connect to it, so perhaps there's been incremental progress.  If others could check the connection, I'd appreciate it!  73,  Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC

    • Don Moman VE6JY

        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 15, 2013
          Hi Walt,

          Just tried your remote. Works good here! looks like you are in a very
          quiet RF area (LW NDB band is where I crawl around).

          I noticed you are using port 8021? I had similar problems but I
          discovered the problem was that when the little frequency entry keypad
          was activated I could not log onto remotes. Anyway, after that all I had
          to do was open up port 8014 TCP and 8015 UDP in the router. I have the
          windoz firewall disabled as I have a hardware firewall in my new router
          (the old one died after 10 years) and a good software firewall in all
          the PCs/LTs here.

          Don KPC6NDB
          Upland, CA
          34.10 -117.63 1250ft
          DX-1000 FRG-100B FUNcube Dongle Pro+
          ICF2010 Perseus R70 R71A w/250Hz
          R75x2 w/250Hz SDR-IQ SPR-4 SSR-1
          SR-AF & LPF DSP599zx MFJ-784B
          HD-1418 AF-1 MSB-1
          PA0RDT Mini-Whipx2 @ 25ft
          RYO Active Antenna @ 25ft
          LFL1010 ALA100Lx2

          On 15-Oct-13 22:03, Walter Salmaniw wrote:

          > Whom? Anyone else finding this? So far, Don's the only person who's tried.
          >

          > On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 4:18 AM, Don Moman VE6JY <ve6jy.1@...
          > <mailto:ve6jy.1@...>> wrote:
          >

          > Can connect but no waterfall etc
          >

          > On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 4:01 AM, Walter Salmaniw <canswl@...
          > <mailto:canswl@...>> wrote:
          >
          > __
          >
          > An update. I hooked up my second Perseus SDR, and on Port 20 on
          > my 2nd Perseus SDR, outside the DMZ router. I was able to
          > connect to it, so perhaps there's been incremental progress. If
          > others could check the connection, I'd appreciate it! 73, Walt
          > Salmaniw, Victoria, BC

        • Steven M Sherman MD
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 15, 2013

            Walt

              Just connected to your server on port 8021 thru my UDP 8014 without any problem. Everything including waterfall seems to work fine.

              Tried NDBs on LW, AM stations on MW, CHU 3330 Khz, 80 meter LSB, WWV 5 Mhz, WWV 10 Mhz, and shortwave bcst 11700 to 11900 khz.

               All sound great with very low noise.

             Steve  AA6IO

            Whom?  Anyone else finding this?  So far, Don's the only person who's tried.

            On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 4:18 AM, Don Moman VE6JY <ve6jy.1@...> wrote:

            Can connect but no waterfall etc

            On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 4:01 AM, Walter Salmaniw <canswl@...> wrote:

            An update.  I hooked up my second Perseus SDR, and on Port 20 on my 2nd Perseus SDR, outside the DMZ router.  I was able to connect to it, so perhaps there's been incremental progress.  If others could check the connection, I'd appreciate it!  73,  Walt Salmaniw, Victoria , BC

            size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#a0a0a0" align=center>

            No virus found in this message.

          • Ron Castro
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 15, 2013

              I tested it just now and it worked.  I even transmitted a carrier from my remote station here in Sonoma county, CA and saw it clearly on your receiver.

                        Ron Castro

                        N6IE

                  www.N6IE.com

              Member:

                                    ARRL

                   Redwood Empire DX Assn.

              Northern California Contest Club

              Northern California DX Foundation

                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 16, 2013

                  While you guys are busy testing............

                  Could you give mine a try? I'm pretty sure it is OK, as I've seen in the perseussvr window that people connect and STAY AWHILE :-). But if you can take a minute, let me know if there are any waterfall/audio issues.

                  Lexington KY. ku4a00@..., port 8014

                  Chris

                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 16, 2013
                      Walt,

                      your server works fine.

                      Chris,

                      your server works fine, but the receiver is miscalibrated by 9,2 ppm

                      73,

                      Werner

                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 16, 2013
                          Just a thought: When connecting to your own receiver, perhaps you need to use the internal IP address of the server PC and not the external one which the rest of world has to use, because we all go via your router?
                          In that case, you can't use the map to connect but have to enter the IP adress manually.
                          73,
                          Günter

                           Thanks, folks. I'm going to quit worrying now :-). I set up another laptop with the perseus software, and it connects to other receivers fine. But it would not let me connect to my own receiver.

                        • Werner Karn

                             Thanks, folks. I'm going to quit worrying now :-). I set up another laptop with the perseus software, and it connects to other receivers fine. But it would not let me connect to my own receiver.

                          • mrnavy2
                            Message 13 of 15 , Oct 16, 2013
                              I wish someone has a Verizon Router to help to connect my ports. I am still trying to use the Trial Version but need to set my Ports. Verizon will help but only if u pay for there help. I guess they forgot what Customer Service is all about.  Thanks Steve .

                              Message 14 of 15 , Oct 16, 2013
                                Kind of confusing to read the email. I have never had to pay Verizon.
                                Anyway go to the manufacturer of the router and download the owners
                                manual. When I got my new router there was almost no documentation with
                                it - I guess in an attempt to save $$$. You should find enough info to
                                set it up for Perseus - I did.

                                On 16-Oct-13 09:18, mrnavy2 wrote:

                                > I wish someone has a Verizon Router to help to connect my ports. I am
                                > still trying to use the Trial Version but need to set my Ports. Verizon
                                > will help but only if u pay for there help. I guess they forgot what
                                > Customer Service is all about. Thanks Steve .

                              • ku4a
                                Message 15 of 15 , Oct 17, 2013

                                   Danke Werner und Guenter.

                                  Yes, by using the internal IP it works fine!

                                  Chris
                                  KU4A