Perseus Synchro SDR

  • clement F59465
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 13, 2013
      Hello everyone,

      I'm looking for a way to synchronize a Kenwood TS480 with a Perseus SDR.
      Is there a solution that works in the background?

      I do not want or HDsdr SDR Radio, HRD.

      I would only use the software as Perseus remote
      BobCat very well my only Icom.

      Is there a solution?

      thank you
      Regards

      Clem

      --

    • Goran ANDRIC, S55OO
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 13, 2013
        Hi! I am using Hamradio Deluxe sync option when using original Perseus SW - even in remote configuration but would be interested for some different approach too.

        73,
        Goran ANDRIC, S55OO

        On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 3:26 PM, clement F59465 <f59465@...> wrote:

        Hello everyone,

        I'm looking for a way to synchronize a Kenwood TS480 with a Perseus SDR.
        Is there a solution that works in the background?

        I do not want or HDsdr SDR Radio, HRD.

        I would only use the software as Perseus remote
        BobCat very well my only Icom.

        Is there a solution?

        thank you
        Regards

        Clem

        --

      • Simon Brown
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 13, 2013

          But he doesn’t want to use HRD or SDR-Radio so my suggestion is possibly DXLabs & the Commander?

          Simon Brown (G4ELI/HB9DRV)
          http://v2.sdr-radio.com

          From: perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com [mailto:perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Goran ANDRIC, S55OO

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 17, 2013
            Hi Goran, Simon,

            Yes Goran,
            I found
            a solution that works with DXlab + Bobcat.

            Attached is the diagram (DXLab) of the system with virtual COM (2x Pair Splitter 1x) ports
            Images intégrées 1

            If you have any questions do not hesitate.

            The syncro is easier with a Transceiver Icom normal because Perseus also uses the CI-V protocol.

            It works with my Kenwood and others.

            Regards
            Clem

            From: perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com [mailto:perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Goran ANDRIC, S55OO

            Hi! I am using Hamradio Deluxe sync option when using original Perseus SW - even in remote configuration but would be interested for some different approach too.

          • Lasse Moell
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 18, 2013
              There have been topics in this group about having a galvanic isolation between Perseus and the computer, unfortunately this has only been available for USB 1.1 until I found this:

              http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007XLQLNO

              http://www.adnaco.com/products/s3a/

              A USB 3 (down compatible with V2 and V1) over fiber!! This would allow to have receiver several 100 meters away and then using  cheap fiber to control and get data! Price not too bad either. Question is how the Perseus likes the USB implementation.

              A bit too much money just to see if it works with Perseus, I'll have to see if we have a need for this at the office :D

              /Lasse SM5GLC
            • Jurgen Bartels
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 18, 2013
                > A USB 3 (down compatible with V2 and V1) over fiber!! This would allow
                > to have receiver several 100 meters away and then using cheap fiber to
                > control and get data! Price not too bad either. Question is how the

                Why do you want to do that?
                You're then just moving a potential noise source closer to the antenna

                Better use a good antenna cable with isolation

                Jurgen Bartels Suellwarden, N. Germany
                Ant. hor: 29-45MHz 7-el, 45-87MHz 11-el, FM 15.11, Band-3:13-el, UHF:48-el
                MW: 30 x 4m EWE 320° with JB-terminator, Winradio & Perseus
                http://dx.3sdesign.de/tv_offset_list.htm
              • longdipole
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 18, 2013

                  Yep, Lasse, your memory is not fooling you.

                  Some time ago I posted a message because my Perseus died because of (probably) over voltage on the USB port. Due to a 1 km distant lightning strike in a tree.

                  All this without any antenne connected (whole coax removed from antenna) and computer and PC off.

                  Unfortunately I do not think 384 dollars is a cheap bargain for an USB port isolator :-(

                  Arie.

                  b.t.w. Anybody who knows how to contact Microtelecom ?

                  They do not respond to emails on any of their email adresses.

                  Or any other source where I can try to let repair my Perseus ?

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 18, 2013

                    I do not (yet) see any difference between a computer with an internally power supply or a computer with an external power supply. Or you would have to run the whole stuff on car batteries.

                    And yes, the whole network is wireless Lan over here.

                    Unfortunately the precious USB connection between computer and Perseus is not.

                    ---In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, <perseus_sdr@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                     Use a Asus B202 12V server computer on a linear PSU and connect over Wifi.

                    Perfectly RFI free and galvanic isolation over Wifi.

                    Added benefit: we can all use your Perseus ;-)

                    73

                    Paul

                    PD0PSB