RE: Re: [perseus_SDR] Virtual Audio Cable

  • marc652013
    Message 1 of 34 , Oct 4, 2013

      Hi Roelof, do you use the audio dongle to replace your headphone input instead ?   73 Marc  Ede gld.

      ---In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, <perseus_sdr@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hello Greg,

      To avoid any problems, I went the hardware way!
      I use a cheap USB audio dongle and a patch cable from headphone out to
      mike in.
      This works like a charm and you can use as many as you have free UDB ports.

      Best regards,
      Roelof Bakker, pa0rdt
    • Barry Williams
      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 15
      • 1 Attachment
      • 326 KB
      Hi Geroge,

      I think you can do this easily enough in Voicemeeter Deluxe. There are 2 virtual B channels coming in, so B1 would be a Perseus input and B2 would be Total Recorder to VM. Outputs of B1 and B2 would be virutual outputswhatever you wish to specify.

      If this screenshot doesn't process through you can find it at:http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

      For Mac OS users Rogue Amoeba has released an excellent looking remake of Audio Hijack. This really looks to be the best "virtual audio cable" app out there now.

      Barry Williams

      On 3/15/15 2:37 PM, nj3h@... [perseus_SDR] wrote:

      Perhaps off-topic, but since I want to use it with the Perseus, than maybe this is only somewhat off-topic.

      I would like to be able to do two things:

      1. Go from the Perseus directly to Total Recorder.  I would like to record an audio stream straight from the Perseus SDR into Total Recorder, bypassing the internal computer sound card.

      2. Go from Total Recorder directly to FLDigi.  I would like to play files from Total Recorder and have them decoded by FLDigi.  By using Total Recorder, I can by pass the sound card and also move to specific points in the file, which is not possible using FLDigi's Play Audio File command.

      Is there someone on this site that can help me with the appropriate configuration set-ups that I need to accomplish these two tasks?  What parameters values need to be entered into the VAC software, how does one select the ends of the cable (Perseus and Total Recorder) and (Total Recorder and FLDigi), and how does one choose with virtual cable to use depending if I am performing Task 1 or Task 2?

      Any help will be most appreciated.  Feel free to forward screen shots if possible.

      Regards,

      George, NJ3H

      Stephens City, VA USA