Re: Server Zaanstad (just above Amsterdam)

  • pbij2001
    Message 1 of 37 , Sep 18, 2013
      Our government organisation for spectrum management resides in the Ministry of Economic Affairs.

      Guess what they endorse more:
      A few radio enthusiasts or free trade of electronic junk generating tax income ;-)

      73
      Paul
      PD0PSB

      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Werner Karn <werner.karn@...> wrote:

      > Hello Jarod,
      >
      > is there no government organisation that you could ask to find and
      > eliminate the noise source for you ?
      >
      > Werner
      >

      > 2013/9/17 Guido Schotmans <guidoschotmans@...>
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > **
      > > Hello Jarod,
      > >
      > > I'm not so sure that this is a -broken- power supply. A lot of Chinese
      > > junk psu are making this noise.
      > >
      > > 73,
      > >
      > > Guido.
      > >
      > > ------------------------------

    • dylerware
      Message 37 of 37 , Jul 25
        Update on the server:

        A newly supplied ALA 1530AL-1 loopamp and loop are installed and working for some months now.
        Also we're back on the 12v original power supply and one spare is in stock.

        I also recently replaced the USB cable with a Lindy CROMO USB A to Micro-B Cable 1m.
        This reduced some USB spikes and lowered the USB noise/noise floor a bit.

        My final step will be replacing the old RG58 cables with Aircell 7 like cables (same factory, special type, less signal loss).
        This should reduce elevator frequency regulator QRM hopefully some more.
        Mostly visible around 1600 kHz (but noticeable from 100 kHz up to 3000 kHz in the spectrum.
        Replacing may start in about 2-3 weeks depending on how much time is available.

        I hope you guys keep enjoying the server. [it's in use as i type this, hello guy from Japan! :)]

        Greetings from Amsterdam!
        Jarod