RE: Experimental Comparison of Small Wideband Magnetic Loops

  • lz1aq
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 12, 2013

       Hello Roelof,

      Your modification is ok since you do not change the DC operatiing point. The gain in original design is needed mainly on higher bands above 10 MHz where the signal levels are lower. This mignt be not true now when the sun activity is high but  I suppose we both hope to reach the next sun mimimum ...  - then I suppose you should have to return back the old resistor values :) I do not think that you have  any IMD problems unles a powerfull AM transimmiter is in the next street to your home.

      Have a fun

      Chavdar

      --- In perseus_sdr@yahoogroups.com, <roelof@...> wrote:

      Hello Alberto,

      It can be found here:

      http://www.lz1aq.signacor.com/docs/wsml/wideband-active-sm-loop-antenna.htm

      73,
      Roelof, pa0rdt
    • Alberto I2PHD
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 12, 2013
        On 9/10/2013 3:46 PM, Roelof Bakker wrote:

        Hello Alberto,

        It can be found here:

        http://www.lz1aq.signacor.com/docs/wsml/wideband-active-sm-loop-antenna.htm

        73,
        Roelof, pa0rdt

        Thanks Roelof.  I will build and test one to be used with my 1.5 meters loop in the garden...

        --
        73 Alberto I2PHD