Still Having Norton Issues

  • Geo
    Message 1 of 36 , Sep 4, 2013
      Win 8, Norton latest version.

      I have set up exclusion rules for scanning and for auto-protect.

      Those rules allow me to install the Perseus software.

      However, within a few hours, the Perseus app has been deleted from the computer (put in quarantine, I presume).

      How can I stop this from happening?

      Regards,
      George, NJ3H
    • chutton12000
      Message 36 of 36 , Sep 8, 2013

        While you didn't say which Atom (there are several generations), my Asus EEE 10125C (with the Atom 2700) runs Perseus OK (recording and playback, 2 MSPS) with the Super Hybrid Engine set to high performance. My older Asus EEE 1000HA (N260 based) will also do OK but it's necessary to overclock to near 2 GHZ to remove stuttering.

        I'm aware of a handful of DXers using Atom based netbooks with Perseus. There have been a couple of reviews about DXers using netbooks with Perseus. It can be done.

        Chuck

        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, <perseus_sdr@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        That is the conclusion I have reached Simon. And, I think it is something you would only detect by doing a virtually instantaneous side by side comparison

        Before I curiously decided to do the side by side I had observed the Perseus worked with the Core CPU and worked seemingly fine with the Atom processor. After all, it was receiving and displaying signals and I had no reason to suspect that signals were actually some 2 S-units down. As the netbook is old (it was Acer's first model netbook) and I was no longer using it I was thinking to just dedicate it to SDR. Then it occurred to me to do the comparison just to make sure the netbook was up to the task. When I saw the results I was extremely methodical to insure every setting and all conditions were identical. I really wanted the netbook to perform as opposed to putting back on the shelf to collect dust. It simply didn't.

        So, back on the shelf it goes and I want to thank everyone for their suggestions.
        Regards to the group

        PS I took both PC's out of their battery power save modes to insure the CPU's weren't being throttled back.

        On Sep 8, 2013, at 12:11 PM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

        My thoughts, I think they were covered but:

        1)      Is the ATOM system running with 50% or 100% CPU?

        2)      Are you very sure that all samples are being processed and none lost?

        My gut feeling is that the ATOM system can’t process all the data…

        Simon Brown (G4ELI/HB9DRV)
        http://v2.sdr-radio.com

        From: perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com [mailto:perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of dl4raj

        My question may seem too simple but anyway I give it a go:
        Did you make sure that you are using the same bandwidth
        on both Perseus SW instances.
        I mean the BW preset button as well as the effective bandwidth
        which you can adjust with the mouse or mouse wheel.

        Anthony R Gargano