Re: [perseus_SDR] Laptop Induced Noise

  • Roelof Bakker
    Message 1 of 81 , Sep 3, 2013
      Hello Tim,

      I am using a Lenovo S-10 netbook for my PERSEUS server without any noise issue.

      Best regards,
      Roelof Bakker
    • Mark Clark
      Message 81 of 81 , Nov 3, 2013
        Have you tried wrapping the input and output cables from the laptop power supply with toroid chokes?  I've had good success quieting PC noise that way for many years.

        73, Mark N3IRJ

        On 9/4/13 2:47 PM, N9OVQ wrote:

        And just to complicate matters further ... I use an HP Pavilion g series
        laptop. It is whisper quiet at my primary QTH, where my Wellbrook loop
        is mounted 35 feet from the house and everything in the shack is
        grounded. At my condo in Chicago, however, the same laptop is noisy,
        although I am using a third-party power supply and the Wellbrook loop is
        installed only 8-feet away from the building. Fortunately, the noise
        disappears when I run the laptop on batteries, so that is how I use the
        Perseus when I DX from downtown Chicago.

        --
        Mike Nikolich - N9OVQ
        N9OVQ@...

        Mark N3IRJ
        Reinholds, PA

        Perseus SDR/G5RV/Wellbrook Loop/Mestor for unattended recordings