Re: Perseus / Winradio and LA400 Loop Antenna

  • jb_e
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 21, 2013
      Hi,

      since >9 months I have two antennas which are connected via a mechanic switch to a passive splitter for getting the signal of one of my loops to two radios at the same time. In fact there is a small loss cause of the splitter. Therefore I'm also considering to buy an active splitter.
      My favorite is that one :http://www.hamradioshop.net/index.php?cat=KAT11&lang=ENG&product=00100 . It's the new "AntennaJet AAS300" which even can deliver the signal to 3 receivers.

      It's no that cheap to convince me in a quick decision and so I'm also still looking around for alternatives.

      73'
      Bernd

      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "wnoorduin1" <wnoorduin@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I have a Perseus SDR (for 50 Hz - 40 MHz) and I have a Winradio G305e for a little bit further on the EM Spectrum. I recently bought a LA400 Loop antenna which works great with the Perseus.
      >
      > I wonder if there is a solution on the market that let me attach those two radios to the antenna and choose one of the radios to listen to.
      >
      > I first went with "splitter", but a hamshop owner in the Netherlands told me I probably will lose some power with that, and there aren't many splitters upto 2 GHz.
      >
      > Googling around I found that I probably need a multiplexer or (in my specific case) a diplexer, and not a splitter
      >
      > What is the best solution for my situation (attaching Perseus and Winradio to the LA400) ? I intend to listen to one pf the radios at a time.
      >
      > There is also a Winradio solution: WiNRADiO AMFE, but I haven't given these much thought yet. If there is someone using this, please answer if this is the answer to my situation ?
      >
      > Now, I have to swich antenna cables each time I want to switch the radio.

    • Alberto I2PHD
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 23, 2013
        On 8/23/2013 1:57 PM, Lasse Moell wrote:

        Glad you never got past the idea stage...
        those Nixie-tubes are getting really hard to replace, as common as hens teeth!

        :)

        /Lasse SM5GLC

        Oh, preparing in advance for a huge request, I got hold of several thousands of them...  :-)
        Then, after discarding the project, I sold them all... the cost of each digit, if I recall
        correctly, was about 20 - 25 lines of code.... :-)

        But, who knows... never say never.... maybe I could buy them back and recycle them
        in another project.... not Perseus related, though.

        --
        73 Alberto I2PHD