Message:

  • spacezephyr
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17, 2013
      Hi Group,

      Just deleted in Windows 7's regedit all of the old Perseus files, why problems ---.

      Installed version 41a. Radio runs - sound ok.

      But at a re-boot - at icon press to run the unit, I am getting:

      "perseus

      X Firmware Download Internal Error #004"

      Ok, what next to try? Is it a USB 3 vs USB 2 problem?

      Also not able to connect to the sharing Perseus users Worldwide.

      Thanks for the help.

      Greg
    • Don
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 18, 2013
        I don't know about the X Firmware thing but I found a bug where if I
        have the keypad/downconverter window box open I cannot connect to any
        Perseus on the map. It starts to connect then just hangs and Perseus has
        to be shut down with the task bar button menu options.

        Also Perseus is very sensitive to the power plug or USB plug being
        bumped by accident.

        Don KPC6NDB
        Upland, CA
        34.10 -117.63 1250ft
        R-75 w/250Hz 2x R-71A w/250Hz R-70
        Perseus SDR-IQ FUNcube Dongle Pro+
        FRG-100B DX-1000 SR-AF & LPF
        DSP599zx MFJ-784B HD-1418 AF-1
        MSB-1 PA0RDT Mini-Whip x2 @ 20ft
        RYO Active Antenna @ 20ft
        LFL1010 ALA100L x2

        On 17-Aug-13 19:39, glg-swl7687@... wrote:
        > Hi Group,
        >
        > Just deleted in Windows 7's regedit all of the old Perseus files, why problems ---.
        >
        > Installed version 41a. Radio runs - sound ok.
        >
        > But at a re-boot - at icon press to run the unit, I am getting:
        >
        > "perseus
        >
        > X Firmware Download Internal Error #004"
        >
        > Ok, what next to try? Is it a USB 3 vs USB 2 problem?
        >
        > Also not able to connect to the sharing Perseus users Worldwide.
        >
        > Thanks for the help.
        >
        > Greg

      • Thomas Damboldt
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 18, 2013
          Hi,

          it seems to me that with the Laptop on mobile internet one can not access one's own or any other Perseus remotely. Neither can one put the mobile Perseus in the net. The reason being that the internet providers do not allow to open the necessary ports. Am I right?

          Has anyone solved this problem? And if so, how was it solved?

          Thanks for your advice
          Thomas, DJ5DT
        • nickcarr3151
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 20, 2013
            Just keep launching it -- it will eventually work. It's annoying though.

            Looks like a chipset bug with the Peruse driver.

            Did you open Port 8014 on your modem or Wi-Fi router? You have to open the port to receive internet traffic.