Re: Server Zaanstad (just above Amsterdam)

  • dylerware
    Message 1 of 66 , Jul 27, 2013
      It's online for testing purposes, but the QRM is really horrifying.
      VLF/LF mostly gone. I have tested with everything electrical off, even cut the groups. On a discone antenna i also hear the QRM. It's not likely the perseus power supply, isn't it?

      Jarod

      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "dylerware" <dylerware@...> wrote:

      > The server probably won't be coming back anytime soon.
      > Since a week or so i have HUGE QRM on the bands. It looks the same as when i turn on my soldering iron. It started when it became hot here, so it's probably some airco device or something.
      >
      > It was fun while it lasted, but no more clean signals in the city.
      >
      > Have a good one!
      >
      > Jarod

    • dylerware
      Message 66 of 66 , Feb 9 1:42 AM
        Latest update: Recently i was developing some QRM around 10400 kHz with about 2 MHz wide.
        It was not everywhere, but with up and downs. (Sorry no screenshot)

        It was fading away the lower or higher you went.
        First i figured this was my neighbours. Today i turned off my computer and connected the Perseus to another computer and the QRM was gone!

        Restarted my main computer and the QRM was back.
        This QRM was/is still faintly audible around 14 MHz.

        Now comes the weird part: I tried removing each USB device at the time, nothing worked.
        Last i removed a HDD DOCK usb cable (which was not powered on) several times.
        Several times because i tried different usb ports (plugging in blindly) and now all of a sudden the QRM disappeared! Maybe some ground loop got dissipated?

        I have no idea how this happened, anyone has a clue?