Re: [perseus_SDR] How to tell software I have a Perseus

  • Alberto I2PHD
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 10, 2013
      On 7/10/2013 5:16 PM, ku4a wrote:

      The Perseus software has a 60-day evaluation period if you don't own a Perseus.
      But I do own a Perseus. How do I tell the software that I own a Perseus,
      so that the software should be permanently free to own and use?

      By simply starting the Perseus software with the Perseus hardware connected will authorize it permanently.
      The reminder that you see on the screen, which talks about a 60-day evaluation period, is relative to another
      thing, namely to the downconversion feature of the program, which must be bought separately, and which is
      not needed if you don't use a VHF/UHF downconverter.

      It is unfortunate that in that reminder it is not spelled in clear letters that the evaluation period is relative to just
      that feature.... you must be the zillionth person that was fouled by that vague message...

      Alessio, are you reading this ?

      --
      73 Alberto I2PHD
    • ku4a
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 10, 2013
        Thanks for the info folks.

        Has the group considered a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) file? Should I volunteer to start one? :-) I'm new here and don't want to step on anybody's toes. As a new Perseus user, I might be a good person to start one.

        Chris
        KU4A
      • Jerry
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 10, 2013
          Welcome to the group. By searching past messages, one can find out most everything about the Perseus and how to drive it.

          Have fun.

          --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "ku4a" <ku4a@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for the info folks.
          >
          > Has the group considered a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) file? Should I volunteer to start one? :-) I'm new here and don't want to step on anybody's toes. As a new Perseus user, I might be a good person to start one.
          >
          > Chris
          > KU4A

        • Jim
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 10, 2013
            This is true, but there is no "one stop shop" place to find all the features of the radio, explained in an easy to understand methodology.

            You can search the group for hours to learn how, and not spend that time using the receiver.

            I would prefer a manual for newbies that covers each aspect of the receiver with some words about why it is there and how to use it.

            Does it already exist?

            Jim

            Welcome to the group. By searching past messages, one can find out most everything about the Perseus and how to drive it.

            Have fun.

            --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "ku4a" <ku4a@...> wrote:

            > Thanks for the info folks.
            >
            > Has the group considered a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) file? Should I volunteer to start one? :-) I'm new here and don't want to step on anybody's toes. As a new Perseus user, I might be a good person to start one.
            >
            > Chris
            > KU4A

          • scottish_dxer_ken
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 12, 2013
              I have written loads of text over the last few years...... I still have a large amount of hits on the Perseus pages... Just about to make some more recent observations as well.....

              http://www.dxarchive.com/mw/perseus.html