How to tell software I have a Perseus

  • ku4a
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 10, 2013
      Thanks for adding me to the group. I am KU4A and I got my Perseus yesterday. First SDR I've owned, and it is awesome! My primary interest is MW DXing.

      So far, there is only one thing I haven't been able to figure out. I looked for a FAQ and didn't see one, and also couldn't figure this out from the Microtelecom web site.

      The Perseus software has a 60-day evaluation period if you don't own a Perseus. But I do own a Perseus. How do I tell the software that I own a Perseus, so that the software should be permanently free to own and use?

      Chris
      KU4A
    • Werner Karn
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 10, 2013
        Chris,

        just click on " don't show this dialog again ".

        73,

        Werner

        2013/7/10 ku4a <ku4a@...>

        Thanks for adding me to the group. I am KU4A and I got my Perseus yesterday. First SDR I've owned, and it is awesome! My primary interest is MW DXing.

        So far, there is only one thing I haven't been able to figure out. I looked for a FAQ and didn't see one, and also couldn't figure this out from the Microtelecom web site.

        The Perseus software has a 60-day evaluation period if you don't own a Perseus. But I do own a Perseus. How do I tell the software that I own a Perseus, so that the software should be permanently free to own and use?

        Chris
        KU4A

      • Alberto I2PHD
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 10, 2013
          On 7/10/2013 5:16 PM, ku4a wrote:

          The Perseus software has a 60-day evaluation period if you don't own a Perseus.
          But I do own a Perseus. How do I tell the software that I own a Perseus,
          so that the software should be permanently free to own and use?

          By simply starting the Perseus software with the Perseus hardware connected will authorize it permanently.
          The reminder that you see on the screen, which talks about a 60-day evaluation period, is relative to another
          thing, namely to the downconversion feature of the program, which must be bought separately, and which is
          not needed if you don't use a VHF/UHF downconverter.

          It is unfortunate that in that reminder it is not spelled in clear letters that the evaluation period is relative to just
          that feature.... you must be the zillionth person that was fouled by that vague message...

          Alessio, are you reading this ?

          --
          73 Alberto I2PHD
        • ku4a
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 10, 2013
            Thanks for the info folks.

            Has the group considered a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) file? Should I volunteer to start one? :-) I'm new here and don't want to step on anybody's toes. As a new Perseus user, I might be a good person to start one.

            Chris
            KU4A
          • Jerry
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 10, 2013
              Welcome to the group. By searching past messages, one can find out most everything about the Perseus and how to drive it.

              Have fun.

              --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "ku4a" <ku4a@...> wrote:

              > Thanks for the info folks.
              >
              > Has the group considered a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) file? Should I volunteer to start one? :-) I'm new here and don't want to step on anybody's toes. As a new Perseus user, I might be a good person to start one.
              >
              > Chris
              > KU4A

            • Jim
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 10, 2013
                This is true, but there is no "one stop shop" place to find all the features of the radio, explained in an easy to understand methodology.

                You can search the group for hours to learn how, and not spend that time using the receiver.

                I would prefer a manual for newbies that covers each aspect of the receiver with some words about why it is there and how to use it.

                Does it already exist?

                Jim

                Welcome to the group. By searching past messages, one can find out most everything about the Perseus and how to drive it.

                Have fun.

                --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "ku4a" <ku4a@...> wrote:

                > Thanks for the info folks.
                >
                > Has the group considered a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) file? Should I volunteer to start one? :-) I'm new here and don't want to step on anybody's toes. As a new Perseus user, I might be a good person to start one.
                >
                > Chris
                > KU4A

              • scottish_dxer_ken
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 12, 2013
                  I have written loads of text over the last few years...... I still have a large amount of hits on the Perseus pages... Just about to make some more recent observations as well.....

                  http://www.dxarchive.com/mw/perseus.html