Zoom function question

  • Walter Salmaniw
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2013
      Here's a question for the group:  I like to leave the zoom function on, at the lowest speed, to see trans-Pacific MW DX fade in/out overnight.  Trouble is, I'm unable to tell the times, as everything's compressed (the labels can't be read).  Any way to "stretch" them out to see?  Wouldn't it be nice to point the mouse over the waterfall and see the time?  It's a great function to have (the zoom waterfall), but not as useful as it could be.  Thanks!  73,  Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC
    • Paul Crankshaw
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2013
        My previous computer could only give me a trace of around 2 hrs 30 mins and it was easy to work out the approximate timings because the 10-19 minute markers stood out

        An example here

        http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/9/25/3350994/950khz.jpg

        The recording finishes (at the bottom) at 0815 and you can see in the left margin the mark made. Looking up the left hand side you can see the markers of 0710-0719 just below the middle and 0610-0619 markers near the top

        My current computer is much faster and allows a much longer trace (I don't know why) so I can record a full overnight trace.

        An example here.
        http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/9/25/3350994/1050khz.jpg

        The compressed markers on the left show two  repeated marks in the centre - one more distinct than the other.  The more distinct one is 10-19 minutes and the  other 30-39 mins. This recording finishes at 0642 so working back you can see that the trace starts a little before 0100.

        It would be nice if a one hourly marker were an option, but I can't see it happening now.

        Paul