RE: [perseus_SDR] Re: U.S. Power Supply Replacement?

  • Bill Riches
    Message 1 of 37 , Jun 6, 2013

      I purchased the Jameco unit to keep as a spare then saw the mailing on using two usb ports on the laptop.  Made up the cable and the Perseus works fine powered from the laptop. ( HP Pavgilion dv7).

      73,

      Bill, WA2DVU

      Cape May, NJ

      Message 37 of 37 , Aug 20, 2013
        Jurgen -

        You are totally correct. My bad memory told me that when in sleep mode, power was still used by Perseus. I did a measurement tonight and realized I was thinking of the state when Perseus is connected to the USB port but Perseus software is not running (.47A for me).

        So you are right that an external relay is not needed.

        Sorry to have made this more work than it should be.

        Chuck