Re: [perseus_SDR] Re: Windows 8 and PERSEUS

  • tim_hall_dx
    Message 1 of 30 , May 31, 2013
      There seem to be many people, myself included, who are finding that the software does not run on Windows 8 with USB 2.0, even after we work around the unsigned driver issue.

      73
      Tim
      Message 2 of 30 , Jun 3, 2013
        Hi Tim,

        I don't know about any other user with that problem.
        Which error do you get?

        Alessio

        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, TimHall1@... wrote:

        > There seem to be many people, myself included, who are finding that the software does not run on Windows 8 with USB 2.0, even after we work around the unsigned driver issue.
        >
        > 73
        > Tim
      • tim_hall_dx
        Message 3 of 30 , Jun 3, 2013
          The program opens but in a useless state. It does not recognize the radio (but HFSpan does) and when you try to press a button with the mouse it either hangs (Windows "circle" symbol) or ignores the click completely (e.g. when you click the Close button "X", nothing happens). Someone else had similar symptoms.

          Thanks Tim

          From: "alx_mtc" <alessio.miani@...>
          Sender: perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 07:30:07 -0000
          To: <perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com

          Hi Tim,

          I don't know about any other user with that problem.
          Which error do you get?

          Alessio

          --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, TimHall1@... wrote:

          > There seem to be many people, myself included, who are finding that the software does not run on Windows 8 with USB 2.0, even after we work around the unsigned driver issue.
          >
          > 73
          > Tim

        • Roberto Zinelli
          Message 4 of 30 , Jun 3, 2013
            Similar symptoms on winxp. HFspan ok Perseus ko.  Disistalling Perseus, DELETE the install folder and reinstall solve the problem.

            My be' a corrupted user1.dat file

            Roberto Zinelli  (IW4ENS)
            Inviato da Phone

            From: "alx_mtc" <alessio.miani@...>
            Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 07:30:07 -0000

            Hi Tim,

            I don't know about any other user with that problem.
            Which error do you get?

            Alessio

            --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, TimHall1@... wrote:

            > There seem to be many people, myself included, who are finding that the software does not run on Windows 8 with USB 2.0, even after we work around the unsigned driver issue.
            >
            > 73
            > Tim

          • Huw
            Message 5 of 30 , Jun 4, 2013
              My be' a corrupted user1.dat file

              Yes I concurr, I had a file from FMSCAN that stopped my Perseus from working, got a new one and all is now OK. It would be better to have a warning message from Perseus but you can't cater for all 'errors' when writing software.

              Huw
              G7EBP