running the Perseus with Icom 7600 if perseus grounded on xmit

  • jamesbisch2001
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2013
      Was wondering I want to run the Perseus as a second receiver with the Icom 7600 Perseus antenna will be grounded when I xmit will the frontend of the Perseus withstand 1500 watts? I also have a ICE protectiion circuit on the perseus

      Thanks,

      Len
    • doug12455
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2013
        Len I use mine with an active Pixel loop mounted about 25' away from my dipole at full legal limit (using an IC-7410). I use an Elad Switch Box which both mutes the audio from my PC (obviously avoids feedback), and disconnects the antenna and at the same time grounds the receive side of the antenna for added reduction. I see about 30/dBm signal on average operating full limit SSB. Keep in mind, I'm parked right under my dipoles apex, about 20' under it.

        Brian

        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "jamesbisch2001" <leonardp14@...> wrote:

        > Was wondering I want to run the Perseus as a second receiver with the Icom 7600 Perseus antenna will be grounded when I xmit will the frontend of the Perseus withstand 1500 watts? I also have a ICE protectiion circuit on the perseus
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Len

      • jamesbisch2001
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2013
          Thanks Brian only thing is I wanted to use the same antenna for xmit and receive.

          Thanks for the info

          all the best,

          LEn