Re: Perseus USB Drivers. ZIP

  • v.kershaw@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27 6:47 AM
      Hi There...

      I have downloaded the ZIP file and cannot see any informatio on how or
      where to place these unzipped files.

      The PC is an XP-PRO and the exercise here is to get the CWSkimmer to
      work with the Perseus SDR. The Perseus on its own when brought up is
      working fine but having the CW Skimmer working via the PERSEUS causes
      several problems.

      I am wondering if the Drivers are where the problem is.

      Also I wonder if infact either of these two programs (PERSEUS or CWSKIMMER) will work OK on a PC which is not permantly connected to the internet?

      So, I would be grateful if some one can put me correct regarding the
      method of using the latest .ZIP file of USB Drivers.

      Regards to all

      Vic.
    • alx_mtc
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30 12:04 AM
        Hi Vic,

        included in the .ZIP file, there is a PDF installation guide.
        Please follow the directions in it.
        Latest releases of CWSkimmer do not require the Perseus software to be running along.
        The Perseus software does not require a permanent connection to the internet.

        Regards,
        Alessio

        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "v.kershaw@..." <v.kershaw@...> wrote:

        > Hi There...
        >
        > I have downloaded the ZIP file and cannot see any informatio on how or
        > where to place these unzipped files.
        >
        > The PC is an XP-PRO and the exercise here is to get the CWSkimmer to
        > work with the Perseus SDR. The Perseus on its own when brought up is
        > working fine but having the CW Skimmer working via the PERSEUS causes
        > several problems.
        >
        > I am wondering if the Drivers are where the problem is.
        >
        > Also I wonder if infact either of these two programs (PERSEUS or CWSKIMMER) will work OK on a PC which is not permantly connected to the internet?
        >
        > So, I would be grateful if some one can put me correct regarding the
        > method of using the latest .ZIP file of USB Drivers.
        >
        > Regards to all
        >
        > Vic.

      • Victor
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30 4:06 AM
          Hi Alessio....

          Thanks for your response to my cry for help which is
          very much appreciated.

          Yes, I do have that driver file and find that my version
          of W-XP does not show the same pictures which gives
          the information on which buttons or not to click.

          Yesterday I did manage to do the install of the latest
          drivers doing it the hard way myself. At least they
          were put somewhere on this IBM PC HI HI and what
          a game that was!

          I also move the required files from the Persues latest
          software to the CWSkimmer and all seems to be working
          as it did before I decided to move CWSkimmer plus Perseus
          to my off-line IBM PC leaving this on-line free for just
          working on the internet.

          Now it is very easy for me having the Perseus/CWSkimmer
          available in the shack area where all my other radio and
          support equipment are located.

          73 de Vic
          G 3 G K I