Issue with server connectivity

  • doug12455
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 25, 2013
      I have a problem that seemed to develop last night. I normally keep the Perseus plugged into my main PC. No problems but now when I bring my server up, the window does not display any message as it normally would show "server started". It's blank, yet you get the confirmation beep that is connected to the Perseus. I cannot connect with it and it never shows on the map. Yet with the same PC I connect to other servers with no issues, nor is there any issue using the Perseus directly.

      Nothing has changed here as far as port connection or USB connection. I can plug the Perseus into any other PC in my home and my server operates perfectly fine. Any ideas?

      Brian
    • DirkCL
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 26, 2013
        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "doug12455" <doug124@...> wrote:

        > I have a problem that seemed to develop last night. I normally keep the Perseus plugged into my main PC. No problems but now when I bring my server up, the window does not display any message as it normally would show "server started". It's blank, yet you get the confirmation beep that is connected to the Perseus. I cannot connect with it and it never shows on the map. Yet with the same PC I connect to other servers with no issues, nor is there any issue using the Perseus directly.
        >
        > Nothing has changed here as far as port connection or USB connection. I can plug the Perseus into any other PC in my home and my server operates perfectly fine. Any ideas?
        >
        > Brian

        Hi Brian,

        This is just a shot in the dark, but maybe you should check with task manager if another instance of the Perseus (or client) is not still running?

        Windows apps can crash in strange ways, i.e. they are invisible on the screen/taskbar, but remain active in memory.

        Regards - Dirk
      • doug12455
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 26, 2013
          Thanks Dirk. Thanks and yes that thought crossed my mind while checking this issue. It only has the one instance running. It's strange, when the server window comes up you get that acknowledgement tone so it sees the receiver, yet no server started appears. Beyond that everything else works just fine. I'll play with it when I have more time this weekend. The server works fine on other PCs which is where I have it running now.

          Brian

          --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "DirkCL" <dirk.claessens@...> wrote:

          > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "doug12455" <doug124@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have a problem that seemed to develop last night. I normally keep the Perseus plugged into my main PC. No problems but now when I bring my server up, the window does not display any message as it normally would show "server started". It's blank, yet you get the confirmation beep that is connected to the Perseus. I cannot connect with it and it never shows on the map. Yet with the same PC I connect to other servers with no issues, nor is there any issue using the Perseus directly.
          > >
          > > Nothing has changed here as far as port connection or USB connection. I can plug the Perseus into any other PC in my home and my server operates perfectly fine. Any ideas?
          > >
          > > Brian
          > >

          > Hi Brian,
          >
          > This is just a shot in the dark, but maybe you should check with task manager if another instance of the Perseus (or client) is not still running?
          >
          > Windows apps can crash in strange ways, i.e. they are invisible on the screen/taskbar, but remain active in memory.
          >
          > Regards - Dirk

        • doug12455
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 27, 2013
            Well I decided now that my work week is over to put some time into this. Fired up the server and it's working fine. I haven't touched a thing since my original post and nothing in my router changed as the IP is locked for this PC. Wish I knew why but thanks again Dirk...Strange to say the least :-\

            Brian - W8GTX