RE: [perseus_SDR] Re: I hate Microsoft - the hate word is a little too strong here ( frustrated by - perhaps)

  • gm4ogi
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2013

      I suspect that those Perseus users who experienced a change in their USB assignments might well be using FTDI based serial port converters for other purposes.

      If you look closely at the log file created during the update you are likely to find that your system updated the FTDI driver. This would have caused the ports to be reset/reconfigured accordingly.

      The FTDI driver update is an optional update but I have noticed it installs it by default on some systems (again probably because the setting for Updates is configured to automatically include optional updates)

      Look in Control Panel / System and Security / Windows Update.

      Regards

      Nick – gm4ogi