Perseus together with TRX

  • Johannes Wilke
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16 11:15 AM
      Hello,

      I'm going to use my Perseus together with the transceiver in TX-mode. The Perseus ist connected to a Beverage RX-antenna, the TRX connected to the TX-antenna. During TX-mode I'm switching the Perseus RX-connector with a relay to ground. Anyway the Perseus shows during TX with 150 Watts a signal of 59 + 10dB.
      How does the RF find the way into the Perseus as the RX-connector is switched to ground during transmit? Maybe through the USB-cable or the power supply cable?
      Probably the measured TX-signal of 59 +10dB is not a problem at all because a lot of signals during RX-mode are stronger. Could my TX-signal be also as strong as 59 +70dB without any danger of destroying the front end of the Perseus?

      The switch box from SSB Electronic does nothing else than switch the Perseus-RX-connector to ground.

      Pse what is your opinion about it?

      73 Johannes
    • Werner Karn

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 17 8:21 AM
          Hi,

          don't worry about some RF getting thru the relay box.
          I utilize the Perseus as a ganged receiver with my Flex 5000A with the ELAD Switch Box. I tried the configuration with powers up to 1 KW. having an s-meter readind over 9+60db is usual. As the Switch Box grounds also the audio from the computer output there is no problem.

          One thing to look closer at: I had to introduce a switching delay of 75 ms at key up to avoid audio of the transmission getting thru because of de processing time of the Flex wich is slightly longer than one in the Perseus.

          Beste Grüsse aus Martinique

          Phil, FM5GB.