Re: Remote Connection Problem

  • jb_e
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2013
      Hi Jerry, I meant the internal IP-adresses within the home network.
      I guess if one owns just 2 pcs the internal adresses never might change over the year. Meanwhile I've all kind of stuff at home which occasionally is logging into my home w-lan: my smart samsung tv, the wii, my smart phone, my wifes ipad, 3 pcs and one netbook.
      So my netgear rooter often needs offering new ips to the different machines which log in and out several times a day. My private world of bits & bytes actually got more complicated during the last years.
      Once I knew about the internal ip mess up now I just have to take a look into my rooter and to change the port forwarding settings. Then my perseus logging into machines on the web ist o.k. again (audio included).
      73,
      Bernd

      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jlstrawman@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the reply, Bernd. I frequently change the IP address,
      > generated by my router, (as determined by ipconfig) in the server software. Is this what you are talking about?
      >
      > Best,
      >
      > Jerry
      >
      > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "jb_e" <h-b-e99@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Jerry,
      > >
      > > in my case I discovered that my internal IPs had changed (for ex. 192....65 to 192....6). After I had switched my port forwarding to the new adress my perseus delivered the audio signal of the remote systems again.
      > >
      > > 73,
      > > Bernd
      > >
      > > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jlstrawman@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello group. Need to pick your collective wisdom. Have made no changes;
      > > > running Windows 7, 32-bit. I have always had no trouble offering my receiver for use by other, and no trouble connecting to remote receivers until now. The map always shows my receiver as available, but when I try to connect to a remote receiver, it get no audio or signal, yet the
      > > > display shows that I am connected to the remote receiver.
      > > >
      > > > To the best of my knowledge all settings are correct. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
      > > >
      > > > Best regards.
      > > >
      > > > Jerry
      > > > Des Moines, IA
      > > > USA

    • dk1vi
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2013
        There is an easy way around to avoid changing port forwarding for different ip adresses: all routers I know have the possibility to assign fixed ip adress to a spezific MAC adress. A MAC adress is a number, usually in hex format like C8:3A2F:B7:87:2F:BC given to every network card. Usually this is printed somewhere on the equipment. As a result all your equipment has a fixed ip ad forever.

        Regards Ernst

        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "jb_e" <h-b-e99@...> wrote:

        > Hi Jerry, I meant the internal IP-adresses within the home network.
        > I guess if one owns just 2 pcs the internal adresses never might change over the year. Meanwhile I've all kind of stuff at home which occasionally is logging into my home w-lan: my smart samsung tv, the wii, my smart phone, my wifes ipad, 3 pcs and one netbook.
        > So my netgear rooter often needs offering new ips to the different machines which log in and out several times a day. My private world of bits & bytes actually got more complicated during the last years.
        > Once I knew about the internal ip mess up now I just have to take a look into my rooter and to change the port forwarding settings. Then my perseus logging into machines on the web ist o.k. again (audio included).
        > 73,
        > Bernd
        >

        > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jlstrawman@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Thanks for the reply, Bernd. I frequently change the IP address,
        > > generated by my router, (as determined by ipconfig) in the server software. Is this what you are talking about?
        > >
        > > Best,
        > >
        > > Jerry
        > >
        > > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "jb_e" <h-b-e99@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi Jerry,
        > > >
        > > > in my case I discovered that my internal IPs had changed (for ex. 192....65 to 192....6). After I had switched my port forwarding to the new adress my perseus delivered the audio signal of the remote systems again.
        > > >
        > > > 73,
        > > > Bernd

      • jb_e
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2013
          Thx, I will look for that and try it! Never need it before.
          73,
          Bernd

          --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "dk1vi" <dk1vi@...> wrote:

          > There is an easy way around to avoid changing port forwarding for different ip adresses: all routers I know have the possibility to assign fixed ip adress to a spezific MAC adress. A MAC adress is a number, usually in hex format like C8:3A2F:B7:87:2F:BC given to every network card. Usually this is printed somewhere on the equipment. As a result all your equipment has a fixed ip ad forever.
          >
          > Regards Ernst
          >
          > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "jb_e" <h-b-e99@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Jerry, I meant the internal IP-adresses within the home network.
          > > I guess if one owns just 2 pcs the internal adresses never might change over the year. Meanwhile I've all kind of stuff at home which occasionally is logging into my home w-lan: my smart samsung tv, the wii, my smart phone, my wifes ipad, 3 pcs and one netbook.
          > > So my netgear rooter often needs offering new ips to the different machines which log in and out several times a day. My private world of bits & bytes actually got more complicated during the last years.
          > > Once I knew about the internal ip mess up now I just have to take a look into my rooter and to change the port forwarding settings. Then my perseus logging into machines on the web ist o.k. again (audio included).
          > > 73,
          > > Bernd
          > >

          > > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jlstrawman@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Thanks for the reply, Bernd. I frequently change the IP address,
          > > > generated by my router, (as determined by ipconfig) in the server software. Is this what you are talking about?
          > > >
          > > > Best,
          > > >
          > > > Jerry

        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 1, 2013
            Thanks for being patient. Networking is something I know little about.
            When you talk about port forwarding are you talking about changing the
            port from 8014 to something else, or what?

            Thanks.

            --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "jb_e" <h-b-e99@...> wrote:

            > Hi Jerry, I meant the internal IP-adresses within the home network.
            > I guess if one owns just 2 pcs the internal adresses never might change over the year. Meanwhile I've all kind of stuff at home which occasionally is logging into my home w-lan: my smart samsung tv, the wii, my smart phone, my wifes ipad, 3 pcs and one netbook.
            > So my netgear rooter often needs offering new ips to the different machines which log in and out several times a day. My private world of bits & bytes actually got more complicated during the last years.
            > Once I knew about the internal ip mess up now I just have to take a look into my rooter and to change the port forwarding settings. Then my perseus logging into machines on the web ist o.k. again (audio included).
            > 73,
            > Bernd
            >

            > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jlstrawman@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Thanks for the reply, Bernd. I frequently change the IP address,
            > > generated by my router, (as determined by ipconfig) in the server software. Is this what you are talking about?
            > >
            > > Best,
            > >
            > > Jerry
            > >
            > > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "jb_e" <h-b-e99@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi Jerry,
            > > >
            > > > in my case I discovered that my internal IPs had changed (for ex. 192....65 to 192....6). After I had switched my port forwarding to the new adress my perseus delivered the audio signal of the remote systems again.
            > > >
            > > > 73,
            > > > Bernd

          • jb_e
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 1, 2013
              A router which is connected with a private LAN and the internet is waiting for data packets at a certain port you can specify (i.e. 8014 for the perseus client or server function). If packets arrive at that port they will be directed to a computer of your choice. The protocol you use for data transfer when your perseus software is connecting to a "perseus" server as a client is "UDP". If your perseus shall work as a server you use "TCP" as protocol.
              That's all I can tell you with my poor english and knowledge in networking affairs. I'm no expert in those technical affairs either.
              73,
              Bernd

              --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jlstrawman@...> wrote:

              > Thanks for being patient. Networking is something I know little about.
              > When you talk about port forwarding are you talking about changing the
              > port from 8014 to something else, or what?
              >
              > Thanks.
              >
              > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "jb_e" <h-b-e99@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Jerry, I meant the internal IP-adresses within the home network.
              > > I guess if one owns just 2 pcs the internal adresses never might change over the year. Meanwhile I've all kind of stuff at home which occasionally is logging into my home w-lan: my smart samsung tv, the wii, my smart phone, my wifes ipad, 3 pcs and one netbook.
              > > So my netgear rooter often needs offering new ips to the different machines which log in and out several times a day. My private world of bits & bytes actually got more complicated during the last years.
              > > Once I knew about the internal ip mess up now I just have to take a look into my rooter and to change the port forwarding settings. Then my perseus logging into machines on the web ist o.k. again (audio included).
              > > 73,
              > > Bernd
              > >

              > > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jlstrawman@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Thanks for the reply, Bernd. I frequently change the IP address,
              > > > generated by my router, (as determined by ipconfig) in the server software. Is this what you are talking about?
              > > >
              > > > Best,
              > > >
              > > > Jerry

            • Jerry
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 1, 2013
                Thanks again Bernd for your help. I figured out what the problem was. All is working fine now.

                Best 73,