Re: Installation Problems with Window 7

  • Walt Novinger
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 20, 2013
      After a long hiatus in SWLing, I am installing my Perseus on a new computer which has no USB 2.0 ports...only 3.0 ports are available. Is there any way to use this computer? I have downloaded the newest control and USB driver software from the Microtelecom site. I am seeing the same issues described earlier in this thread.

      I also need the license file referred to in the message appearing when the demo message is displayed. My serial number is 01084 and I am the original, registered owner of the rx.

      Thanks,
      Walt

      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "alx_mtc" <alessio.miani@...> wrote:

      > The firmware download error appears in two cases:
      >
      > 1) the USB2.0 cable/plug/controller/Perseus is not working properly
      >
      > 2) the Perseus is connected to a USB3.0 port behind an Intel controller (support for USB3.0 is a work in progress)
      >
      > So, if you are using a USB3.0 port, please switch to a 2.0 one.
    • Walter Salmaniw
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 20, 2013
        Walt, ignore the license issue.  When you've plugged the Perseus into a USB port, no problem.  I think that's for some other peripheral software/hardware.  Not sure about the USB3 port question, although I know there's been a thread on this a few weeks back.  Good luck!......Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC

        On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 5:15 AM, Walt Novinger <walt.novinger@...> wrote:
        After a long hiatus in SWLing, I am installing my Perseus on a new computer which has no USB 2.0 ports...only 3.0 ports are available. Is there any way to use this computer? I have downloaded the newest control and USB driver software from the Microtelecom site. I am seeing the same issues described earlier in this thread.

        I also need the license file referred to in the message appearing when the demo message is displayed. My serial number is 01084 and I am the original, registered owner of the rx.

        Thanks,
        Walt

        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "alx_mtc" <alessio.miani@...> wrote:

        > The firmware download error appears in two cases:
        >
        > 1) the USB2.0 cable/plug/controller/Perseus is not working properly
        >
        > 2) the Perseus is connected to a USB3.0 port behind an Intel controller (support for USB3.0 is a work in progress)
        >
        > So, if you are using a USB3.0 port, please switch to a 2.0 one.

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            perseus_SDR-digest@yahoogroups.com
            perseus_SDR-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • jb_e
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
          Hi Walt, did you ever try socalled "USB3.0-to-2.0 converters" for solving your usb probs? (http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/usb-3.0-to-2.0-converter.html)
          73,
          Bernd

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
            Sounds interesting.  I haven't personally, as my laptops have mostly USB 2.......Walt

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
              Bernd,

              Didn't know they existed...will try to locate one locally. Wonder what the driver issues will be…

              Thanks for the tip!

              Walt

              Sent from my iPhone 5