Welcome !

  • adibene
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 2007
      Well, someone had to start sending messages to the group, if not for
      other reasons, just to check that everything is working !

      First of all many thanks and congratulations to Nico IV3NWV for the
      design, the engineering and the production of that marvel known as
      Perseus, and to Beppe IK3VIG for taking care of the distribution and
      of all those commercial aspects that, while important and crucial for
      the success of a product, very often are (wrongly) set aside by the
      more technically inclined persons, who prefer to spend their time in
      refining the hardware and software architectures and implementations.

      I have used now since a few weeks Perseus, and must say that it is
      really a clean and sensitive receiver. Terminating the input with 50
      ohm, without any antenna, you will have a hard time to find spurs. And
      the sensitivity and the BDR (Blocking Dynamic Range) are excellent as
      well.
      Look here for a revealing measurement :
      http://sundry.i2phd.com/bdr.gif

      So, enjoy your Perseus as I do with mine !

      73 Alberto I2PHD
    • Nico iv3nwv
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 23, 2007
        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "adibene" <i2phd@...> wrote:

        > Well, someone had to start sending messages to the group, if not
        for
        > other reasons, just to check that everything is working !
        >
        > First of all many thanks and congratulations to Nico IV3NWV for the
        > design, the engineering and the production of that marvel known as
        > Perseus, and to Beppe IK3VIG for taking care of the distribution
        and
        > of all those commercial aspects that, while important and crucial
        for
        > the success of a product, very often are (wrongly) set aside by the
        > more technically inclined persons, who prefer to spend their time
        in
        > refining the hardware and software architectures and
        implementations.

        > I have used now since a few weeks Perseus, and must say that it is
        > really a clean and sensitive receiver. Terminating the input with
        50
        > ohm, without any antenna, you will have a hard time to find spurs.
        And
        > the sensitivity and the BDR (Blocking Dynamic Range) are excellent
        as
        > well.
        > Look here for a revealing measurement :
        > http://sundry.i2phd.com/bdr.gif
        >
        > So, enjoy your Perseus as I do with mine !
        >
        > 73 Alberto I2PHD

        Alberto,
        thanks for introducing us to this group.

        Beeing the designer of Perseus I'm not in the position of expressing
        a non point of view about it... even if I know it is a good one :-)

        Hope that the group can serve those who need information about the
        receiver and wish to get direct replies, don't care if they come
        from me or others.

        Regards,
        Nico - iv3nwv