Cannot run Perseus v4.0c anymore - "Expired"

  • John Faulkner - Skegness
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2013
      Yesterday when I ran Perseus SDR (v4.0c) I had a message telling me my trial period had expired. I realise this is for the FM+ trial but I don't have FM+. I would be well beyond the trial period anyway, but something has triggered this message again and I cannot run Perseus anymore.

      I had cancelled the trial period message several months ago. When I cancel it now nothing happens - still no Perseus.

      I uninstalled the Perseus drivers within Device Manager and deleted the Perseus directory so I could start again from scratch. I made sure the "Microtelecom Devices" entry had disappeared from the Device Manager and I removed the "Microtelecom s.r.l." entry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software. I began again from scratch but the same message appeared.

      Now I cannot use Perseus. Please can somebody help?

      Thanks

      John
    • Werner Karn
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2013
        John,

        if you reboot and have the Perseus attached, what message do you get ?

        73,

        werner

        2013/2/1 John Faulkner - Skegness <john.faulkner@...>

[...]

      • John Faulkner, Skegness

          Message 5 of 11 , Feb 1, 2013

            John;

            If it hasn’t already been tried…

            1. Rename or Delete your existing Perseus directory.

            2. Delete the Microtelecom registry (ask if you don’t know how this is done or search this Yahoo group) ---> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microtelecom s.r.l.\perseus\v4.0c

            3. Download or unzip the Perseus software again into the same or a new directory.

            It is also worth looking in Device Manager to be sure the SDR is being recognized (it shouldn’t have a yellow ? next to it).

            Bill

            Message 6 of 11 , Feb 1, 2013

              Sorry, I didn’t read the earlier post…too early in the morning…

                Message 8 of 11 , Feb 1, 2013
                  No problems Bill.

                  Something appears to have told Windows 7 (should have mentioned the version earlier) that Perseus itself has expired, yet that trial period message is for something else, downconverter freq or something. It shouldn't stop Perseus itself from running. It looks like Windows 7 has become confused, something which isn't difficult I am finding lately.

                  John

                  Message 9 of 11 , Feb 1, 2013
                    Sadly, I still don't know what the problem was but I got Perseus working again. I merely did a System Restore.

                    I wonder if recent installation of other SDR software had something to do with this - namely SDR# and SDR-Radio Console?  Off that they all worked happily together for a few days though, so I am baffled. It seems Windows 7 became confused in some way.

                    Thankfully, everything seems to be back in order again.

                    Thanks

                    John

                    On 01/02/2013 11:38, John Faulkner, Skegness wrote:

[...]

                  • Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV
                    Message 10 of 11 , Feb 1, 2013

                      Hi,

                      It’s not me – (SDR-Radio.com), I just use the Perseus Dlls. I wonder whether a Windows Update changed a driver somewhere?

                      Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV

                      http://dit-dit-dit.com

                      From: perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com [mailto:perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John Faulkner, Skegness

                      Message 11 of 11 , Feb 1, 2013
                        Hello Simon.

                        I'm not saying it was you :O)

                        I can only guess it was some conflict or Windows issue somewhere - maybe! It's unclear. I DID have SDR-Radio, SDR# AND Perseus running quite happily for a couple of days, so it's a mystery.

                        Cheers

                        From: perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com [mailto:perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John Faulkner, Skegness