Re: Two questinons regarding filters and notch

  • Sandro
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 30, 2012
      Hello, as an alternative to the original Perseus software you can consider "Studio 1": http://www.sdrapplications.it

      Best regards
      Sandro Sfregola

      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "KGB" <kg.bergendahl@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > Thanks for your feedback on the notch and filter issues. It's sad if the notch thing is a bug that never gets fixed. It's OK that you have to draw a line somewhere and say that the product don't get more of that full attention it had in the beginning. BUT important bugs still have to be fixed as long as the product is alive. If this one isn't fixed, what will the potential customers think of the next product from Microtelecom? What bugs will not be fixed in that one. Let's hope this is all wrong and that the bugs will be fixed even though the new software versions will be more far apart than in the beginning. The Perseus is still a great receiver.
      >
      > 73,
      > Kjell-Göran
      >
      > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, satnipper@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Welcome to the world of annoying Perseus bugs which are never fixed...
      > >
      > > Personally I'm still waiting to be able to enter frequencies directly during playback and have the waterfall update correctly as it does when in live mode. Or use the left/right buttons in playback to move up or down 10 KHz to check NA freqs instead of having them greyed out. Like many others I'm not holding my breath...
      > >
      > > regards
      > >
      > > Stuart
      > >
      > > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "KGB" <kg.bergendahl@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hej Johan,
      > > >
      > > > Filter symmetry is OK but the notch is not.
      > > >
      > > > I do like this:
      > > > - Tune to 1520 kHz. Filter window BW is set to 12 kHz wide.
      > > > - Notch out the 1521 kHz carrier.
      > > > - Click on PBT in the filter window.
      > > > - Change BW to 25 kHz. The notch is on the same place on the screen, and the fq scale is changed, the notch is at 1522 kHz.
      > > > - Change BW to 6 kHz. The notch is at 1520.5 kHz.
      > > > - Same behaviour with the other BW settings.
      > > >
      > > > I'm running 4.0b software.
      > > >
      > > > BR
      > > > Kjell-Göran

    • KGB
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 30, 2012
        Hi Sandro,

        I bought my Perseus in a bundle with Tmate and Studio1. I haven't yet installed S1. I prefer to wait a little, maybe it's time to do that now. I will put S1 on my TODO list and test it!

        73,
        Kjell-Göran

        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 30, 2012
          Hello Kjell, glad to hear that you already own Studio 1. When you feel ready to install it, check for the latest update from the SDR Applications site. For every question concerning Studio 1 please send an email to support@... .

          Best regards
          Sandro Sfregola
          SDR Applications